The first thing you need to do is to create one or more mailboxes. Note: There are important differences in how Poco 2 and Poco 3 use folders and mailboxes. If you're using Poco 2, it is important to understand the
difference between a folder and a mailbox.
To create a mailbox in Poco:
There are several options for how you get your messages to the other mailboxes:
- If you want to create the mailbox within a folder then navigate to that folder in the mailbox
- From the "Mailbox" menu select "New mailbox"
- Enter a name for the mailbox in the prompt.
You can also save the message as a text file to a folder anywhere on your computer.
- You can drag them from the "In" mailbox to the mailbox.
- You can right click on the message in the mailbox index and select "Move to Mailbox" and then
select the mailbox you want to move the message to.
- You can setup filters to move the messages automatically as they come in.
- You can write scripts to evaluate more complex criteria for moving messages. For example, at work
we are assigned projects. Each project has an 8 character code, the first two are alphabetic and the
final 6 are numeric. We have a convention where any email about a project starts with the project
code followed by a colon. I wrote a script that automatically scans all incoming email. If the first
word of the subject corresponds to one of our project codes (after stripping off any "Fwd:" or "Re:"
prefixes) then the script automatically saves the message to the mailbox for that project. If one
doesn't exist it creates one.