||There have been major enhancements to the Search Messages function under Poco 3. These include:
- The ability to specify up to 3 different criteria in a single search
- The ability to focus the search to particular areas of the message
- Messages are virtually linked rather than being copied to the Seach mailbox.
This has the benefit that the following actions performed within a message in the 'Search" mailbox affects the original message:
- Editing the subject
- Message marking
- Status changes (eg: read vs unread)
- Deleting a message from the "Search" mailbox does not delete the message from the source mailbox.
- The technique for displaying the source mailbox in the message index no longer works under Poco 3.
If you enable headers the source mailbox will be displayed.