[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Poco/Barca forum page will not load

Poco/Barca forum page will not load

Discussion not related specifically to one of the topics below

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Poco/Barca forum page will not load

Postby mig62 » Thu Jul 29, 2004 10:32 am

I can not get Poco or Barca Forum "help and how-to" pages to display. The rest of the forum topics open and display just fine but I cannot get the other two to open. When I click on the help and how-to all I get is an html page. If this is the wrong place for this question, Iam sorry but , as I said, I cannot access the correct one. Thank you for any assistance. I am using Firefox 0.9.2.
mig62

Re: Poco/Barca forum page will not load

Postby Eric » Thu Jul 29, 2004 10:56 am

Hi mig62,
mig62 wrote:I can not get Poco or Barca Forum "help and how-to" pages to display. The rest of the forum topics open and display just fine but I cannot get the other two to open. When I click on the help and how-to all I get is an html page.
:shock: Strange, I never had a problem with Firefox 0.9.2 accessing forums or parts of it. Can't try it out, because recently I uninstalled Firefox 0.9.2.
If this is the wrong place for this question, Iam sorry but , as I said, I cannot access the correct one. I am using Firefox 0.9.2
It's a general question, so it's the right place. :wink:

:roll: Have you tried accessing these parts with IE6? If so, can you display them?
Eric

Postby Eric » Thu Jul 29, 2004 11:07 am

:roll: Update: Just reinstalled Firefox and I'm not having any problems displaying the Poco or Barca Forum "help and how-to" pages.
Must be something to do with the settings in Firefox, I presume.
Last edited by Eric on Thu Jul 29, 2004 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eric

Opening Poco/Barca help and how-to

Postby mig62 » Thu Jul 29, 2004 11:14 am

Yes, I have tried it in IE6. Same result. Different display. Those are the only two that I have a problem with. They do open and display properly every once in a while. In fact, I had a problem getting the reply screen to display. It just started since Poco forums came back on line. I believe I updated from Firefox 0.8 to 0.9.2 in the meantime. If that makes any difference, I don't know.
mig62

Re: Opening Poco/Barca help and how-to

Postby Eric » Thu Jul 29, 2004 11:19 am

mig62 wrote:I believe I updated from Firefox 0.8 to 0.9.2 in the meantime.If that makes any difference, I don't know.
:roll: It must be something on your PC, because I've no problem displaying these pages with Slimbrowser, Opera & Firefox. Even the reply works as it should.
Eric

Poco/Barca help and how-to opening

Postby mig62 » Thu Jul 29, 2004 11:26 am

Thank you for your replies. I suspect it is my machine since I can view all the other forums without problems. Would anybody have an idea where to look for a cure? I am fairly new at this and have no idea where to start.
mig62

Postby GHaavy » Thu Jul 29, 2004 12:42 pm

Hi Mig62,

I, too, am using Firefox 0.9.2 and have had no difficulty opening any of the forum pages.

You may want to consider clearing your cache, then reloading the main forum page to see if that works (Tools>Options>Privacy>Cache_Clear).

Hope that helps,

Grant
Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads.
GHaavy
Frequent Visitor

Opening Poco/Barca help forum

Postby mig62 » Thu Jul 29, 2004 1:27 pm

Tried it and didn't work. What puzzles me is that all the other ones work fine. Some times I can go in and delete the cookies and then they will work. But only for that session. Must be an answer some where. Thank you anyway.
mig62

Poco/Barca help not opening

Postby mig62 » Thu Jul 29, 2004 1:35 pm

Also tried in IE with the same result. All open with the exception of Poco/Barca Help and How-To.
mig62

Re: Poco/Barca forum page will not load

Postby robin » Thu Jul 29, 2004 7:55 pm

mig62 wrote:I can not get Poco or Barca Forum "help and how-to" pages to display.
When you say this, where are you seeing it? They will open OK from the Forums Index, but on each of the pages you see some "breadcrumb navigation" at the top that tells you where you are...
Forum Index -> PocoMail Help and How-To
but while this latter bit *appears* to be a link it actually isn't because it points to the page that you are on. Which is maybe why it doesn't appear to work.
robin

Poco/Barca forum display

Postby mig62 » Sat Jul 31, 2004 3:42 am

Sorry for the delay in responding. I am having all kinds of trouble even being able to access the reply. I understand what you are saying. At least today it is responding better than it ever has. I don't know what I did but now I can get it to display. This is the only Forum that I have had trouble with since switching to FF 0.9.2. Thanks again for your help.
mig62

Re: Poco/Barca forum display

Postby robin » Sun Aug 01, 2004 8:16 pm

mig62 wrote:This is the only Forum that I have had trouble with since switching to FF 0.9.2. Thanks again for your help.
I use FF 0.9.2 without any problems. I wonder if there is a problem with your setup.
robin

Postby scottm » Tue Aug 03, 2004 2:12 am

Just a FYI: All works well with Opera 7.53
scottm

Postby COD » Tue Aug 03, 2004 5:58 am

I'm using Firefox 0.92 on Win XP Pro - no problems at all with this forum.
COD
Resident Poster

Opening topic in forum

Postby mig62 » Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:33 am

Finally got back on. Re-installed Firefox 0.9.2 and still have the same problem. It seems when I click on any item with color, such as Poco and Barca help and how-to, or post a reply, it opens a plain text/html page. This is only time in the last couple of days that I have been able to open the reply. I tried it in IE and have the same result. I know it must be something here but I have no idea where to look any more. If anybody has any ideas please let me know. Thank you in advance.
mig62

Next

Return to General Discussion