[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Download Denied [Mod: Resolved]

Download Denied [Mod: Resolved]

Discussion not related specifically to one of the topics below

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Download Denied [Mod: Resolved]

Postby ambkla » Tue Nov 30, 2004 4:30 am

After having purchased PM, I tried to download a few scripts but the User ID is rejected even though it has been accepted when registering (licensing) the application (3.2). Support does not respond to my e-mail and I am wondering if there is something I am missing or if others had the same problem.

Thanks,

Klaus
ambkla
Poco Tourist

Postby Pete » Tue Nov 30, 2004 4:38 am

I'm not having any trouble with this. Try it with all uppercase letters. Remember to put your reg. code in the userid field and leave the password field blank.

Which browser are you using?

p.s. I deleted your duplicate post in the Skins forum.
Pete

Postby ambkla » Tue Nov 30, 2004 4:45 am

Pete wrote:I'm not having any trouble with this. Try it with all uppercase letters. Remember to put your reg. code in the userid field and leave the password field blank.

Which browser are you using?

p.s. I deleted your duplicate post in the Skins forum.

I pasted registration code as received, converted it lowercase back to uppercase, used it as ID, as Password, as ID and Password, with and without dashes, tried it for skins and for scripts, repeated the entire process at least ten times yesterday and todays but nothing helps.

Browsers used: IE 6 and Firefox1, Windows XP SP2
ambkla
Poco Tourist

Postby robin » Tue Nov 30, 2004 5:12 am

Did you buy direct from PSI, or from a reseller? If from a reseller then the code might not yet be registered with PSIs server yet. You could try a PM (Private Message) to Jim. If you do, make sure that you include the e-mail address and other details that you used when you purchased PocoMail.
robin

Postby ambkla » Tue Nov 30, 2004 5:42 am

robin wrote:Did you buy direct from PSI, or from a reseller? If from a reseller then the code might not yet be registered with PSIs server yet. You could try a PM (Private Message) to Jim. If you do, make sure that you include the e-mail address and other details that you used when you purchased PocoMail.

Thanks.

I purchased through the Pocomail Web site directly and received the order confirmation through a company named: BMT Micro, which obviously is used by PM for credit card processing.

I don't know who Jim is and I shouldn't have to run around to get what I paid for. I am a developer in a small software company and know how easy it is to set-up the right links, connections and update processes. Any order confirmation can trigger the add process for the user's identification.

Thanks again,

Klaus
ambkla
Poco Tourist

Postby Eric » Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:02 am

Hi Klaus & welcome to Poco Forums. :D
Have you tried accessing the Extras from within your registered copy of PocoMail?
When you access the Extras it should automatically accept your entrance, if not something went wrong. Help | Download Extras ...

PM Jim if it's not working.

I hope this helps. :wink:
Eric

Postby ambkla » Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:23 am

Eric wrote:Hi Klaus & welcome to Poco Forums. :D
Have you tried accessing the Extras from within your registered copy of PocoMail?
When you access the Extras it should automatically accept your entrance, if not something went wrong. Help | Download Extras ...

PM Jim if it's not working.

I hope this helps. :wink:

Thanks but it didn't help.

When clicking: Help | Download Extras within the registered application the following happens:

Browser address field displays:
http://XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX@www.pocomail.com/reg/
where Xs represent the issued registration code.

Internet Explorer:
Invalid Syntax Error -
Page cannot be displayed

Mozilla Firefox:
You are going to access this Web site using ID...
Upon confirming, Pocomail displays its own ID and Password entry form same as when trying to access the download script area clicking any of the xxx.poc links.

Klaus
ambkla
Poco Tourist

Postby Eric » Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:36 am

ambkla wrote:Thanks but it didn't help.
Sorry to hear it didn't work. :?
We can't help much more here, so only PSI can solve this.
Like we said PM Jim (link above in my post), so it should be solved pretty quickly.

Good luck. :wink:
Eric

Postby Sandy » Tue Nov 30, 2004 7:13 am

I am a developer in a small software company and know how easy it is to......

It is an interesting anthropological observation that perhaps 80% of the angry email on this and on other software company sites is from software developers. Might make an interesting PhD thesis topic :) .
Sandy

Postby robin » Tue Nov 30, 2004 7:29 am

ambkla wrote:I don't know who Jim is and I shouldn't have to run around to get what I paid for. I am a developer in a small software company and know how easy it is to set-up the right links, connections and update processes. Any order confirmation can trigger the add process for the user's identification.
Don't get too angry too quickly - it doesn't do your blood pressure any good! Please give PSI a chance to sort the problem, as I'm sure you'd expect a customer of your's to give to you.

I'd drop a pm to Jim, but to make sure that it is resolved he needs your information. Choose the "pm" button from the bottom of any post, then make sure that you overwrite to entered username with "Jim", add a subject and the rest of it is just like posting to the forum.
robin

Postby ambkla » Tue Nov 30, 2004 8:59 am

robin wrote:
ambkla wrote:I don't know who Jim is and I shouldn't have to run around to get what I paid for. I am a developer in a small software company and know how easy it is to set-up the right links, connections and update processes. Any order confirmation can trigger the add process for the user's identification.
Don't get too angry too quickly - it doesn't do your blood pressure any good! Please give PSI a chance to sort the problem, as I'm sure you'd expect a customer of your's to give to you.

I'd drop a pm to Jim, but to make sure that it is resolved he needs your information. Choose the "pm" button from the bottom of any post, then make sure that you overwrite to entered username with "Jim", add a subject and the rest of it is just like posting to the forum.

Thanks Robin,

You and Sandy spoke about getting (too) angry and that I would expect from our customers to give us some time to check a problem. The only answer here is: Yes, that's absolutely correct. But I would have the courtesy to drop the customer a short note keeping him/ her informed about the progress. Prior to me posting the first message, PocoSystems had already an entire day to respond to an e-mail sent to them directly.

Thanks again,

Klaus
ambkla
Poco Tourist

Postby ambkla » Tue Nov 30, 2004 9:12 am

Sandy wrote:
I am a developer in a small software company and know how easy it is to......

It is an interesting anthropological observation that perhaps 80% of the angry email on this and on other software company sites is from software developers. Might make an interesting PhD thesis topic :) .

Sandy,

The observation you made, if correct, is possibly easy to explain. As a developer you should follow certain rules and guidelines and ISO 9000 and Software Life Cycle Development clearly define the development process including testing. Unfortunately, the QA and QC duties are often disregarded and moved aside to make room for faster profit. Based on my experience, at least 75% of all "fixed this and fixed that" problems were unnecessary if the software was tested as required prior to its release. Believe me, I know what I am talking about but I do not want you to draw incorrect conclusions.

Klaus
ambkla
Poco Tourist

Postby Jim » Tue Nov 30, 2004 11:47 am

ambkla,

I presume you received your license code, and you are able to use the full features of PocoMail. Your request for permission to access the Extras area of our website is being addressed, please exercise a little patience. Thanks.
Jim

Postby Sandy » Tue Nov 30, 2004 11:50 am

PocoSystems had already an entire day to respond to an e-mail sent to them directly

You consider "an entire day" to be an unusually long time to have waited?? Frankly, I'm amazed. I would consider 1 day a very rapid response (especially after a holiday weekend).

PSI is not an ultra-small or ultra-large company. Perhaps one of those would consider 1 day too long, but I personally think that 3 days would be sensible, with anger only occurring after perhaps a week with me having sent at least one follow up email to boot. But that's just the world I live in. YMMV.
Sandy

Postby Sandy » Tue Nov 30, 2004 11:57 am

Unfortunately, the QA and QC duties are often disregarded and moved aside to make room for faster profit.

I'm going to presume that you know very little about PSI; and almost certainly don't know enough to make a statement like that implying that it somehow applies to them.

Based on my experience, at least 75% of all "fixed this and fixed that" problems were unnecessary if the software was tested as required prior to its release. Believe me, I know what I am talking about

Well, I happen to know what I'm talking about too. You'd have to be over 60 years old, and to spend more than 30 years in the software development industry working for at least a half a dozen companies (including a couple of the biggest names there are), to have more experience than I. So experience alone does not justify your comments.
Sandy

Next

Return to General Discussion