[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Thank you

Thank you

Discussion not related specifically to one of the topics below

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Thank you

Postby mohogade » Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:47 am

This has been one of the best programs ever and I want to thank the developers for having created a piece of software that has lasted so long.

But time has come to move on and I have moved to Outlook 2010. This was relatively painless although a little complicated so in case others want the "recipe" - here it is:

1. I purchased the program "Outlook Import Wizard" that comes with an auxiliary program called "MBOX email Extractor"
2. Using Barca's export function, I exported each folder to an Eudora mbox folder.
3. With "MBOX email Extractor" I extracted the individual emails in eml-format
4. And imported them to Outlook with "Outlook Import Wizard"

ALL the emails were imported without a hitch, dates were correct and attachments were attached.

Again, thank you to the whole community for help and support when needed.
--
mo
mohogade
Poco Tourist

Re: Thank you

Postby Robert_Charlton » Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:28 pm

mohogade - Thanks for your post. Now that Slaven has announced no further development, it suggests a road going forward.

I'm sure I'll have a bunch of questions, but first question I have regarding moving via "MBOX email Extractor" and "Outlook Import Wizard" going forwards, is whether it's necessary to have your data in Barca, or whether PocoMail will do. I'd of course like to keep my address book contacts intact too. While I purchased an upgrade to Barca a while back, I never in fact installed it... waiting, I think, for resolution of further Poco/Barca status before playing around with what for me has been a critical application.
Robert_Charlton
Frequent Visitor

Postby Tomas » Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:05 pm

Robert_Charlton wrote: whether it's necessary to have your data in Barca, or whether PocoMail will do

it doesn't matter, both use same data formats
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby Tomas » Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:07 pm

Pocomail and Barca can also create .eml messages directly:
1) select all messages in a folder (eg. using CTRL+A keyboard shortcut). Select through menu File > Save Message, navigate to directory you wish to save to, and click Save.
2) Using Windows Explorer or any other file manager, open the folder containing the .eml files.

Then you can try to import them into Outlook or Outlook Express, either as above, or drag&drop should work (it will work with Outlook Express, not sure about Outlook).
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Return to General Discussion