[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - PGP and S/MIME

PGP and S/MIME

Discussion not related specifically to one of the topics below

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

PGP and S/MIME

Postby Jim » Thu Apr 28, 2005 8:50 am

Please share your views on which is more widely used and why? Which is the preferred alternative going forward?
Jim

Postby Orion » Thu Apr 28, 2005 8:09 pm

Well I have PGP installed and so far I have used it NULL times. I use it primarily to encrypt files actually and the email part has never been utilised since I seem to know absolutely noone who uses the system.

However, should need arise for encrypted communication I would use PGP for the simple reason of price and availability

Sinclair
Orion
Poco Tourist

Postby jaxgtr » Fri Apr 29, 2005 12:52 pm

I have been required to use PGP at work due to the programs I write and the data I am passing, but have never had the need to a have my personal email encrypted but maybe on a couple of occasions in 10+ years of computing. PGP has a good rep and is a fairly easy program to use. Has a lot of big corp users as well.

Brian
jaxgtr
Poco Enthusiast

Re: PGP and S/MIME

Postby Flashfox » Sun May 01, 2005 5:03 am

Jim wrote:Please share your views on which is more widely used and why? Which is the preferred alternative going forward?

I use PGP for work related business.

Why? Mainly because this is what our company standardized on.

Reason? As PGP is also used to secure parts of my laptop... in case it gets "borrowed" more or less permanently, I suspect that our company opted for this package due to it's overall capabilities.

Comms Usage? Exchange PGP-encrypted messages and files with the office while on the road here and overseas (quotes, RFQs, etc.)
Flashfox

Return to General Discussion