[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Porting Poco to Linux.

Porting Poco to Linux.

Discussion not related specifically to one of the topics below

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Porting Poco to Linux.

Postby dtownes » Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:04 pm

Hello everyone, I just wanted to ask the people at Poco Systems If there are any plans for porting PocoMail to Linux or making a Linux
version of PocoMail? I'm sure that most everyone is aware of the rising
popularity Linux and the strides that Linux has made, particularly on the desktop. As Linux continues to become popular on the desktop it only makes sense to make (in my opinion) the best emailing
client on the market available to that new Linux user base.

I will greatly appreciate the reply from those at Poco System and any-
one elses views and opinions on this subject. :)
dtownes
New Arrival

Postby Michael » Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:48 pm

I am not a PSI employee so the following is strictly my own opinion.

This is doubtful due to the components that PSI have used within Poco. Although Poco is written in a language that could be ported to Linux there are many issues that would need to be addressed. Even if all the components were available for Linux PSI would have to determine if the market was there.
Michael

Postby robin » Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:28 am

Have a look at this thread if you haven't already done so: covers running Barca under Linux using an emulator.
robin

Re: Porting Poco to Linux.

Postby dtownes » Wed Jul 20, 2005 2:21 am

I appreciate all of the replies to my original post on this subject and I'm am somewhat encouraged that there will eventually be a Linux
version of PocoMail and Barca somewhere down the line.

I put forth the question about this because I am strongly considering
a switch to a Linux distro (probably Xandros) but I hate the thought
of not having PocoMail. I sincerely hope that the people at Poco Sys-
tems give serious concideration about porting PocoMail and their other
fine products over to Linux.
dtownes
New Arrival

Postby Jim » Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:59 am

Jim

Return to General Discussion