[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Sent this to Jerry Pournelle at Chaos Manor. Byte columnist

Sent this to Jerry Pournelle at Chaos Manor. Byte columnist

Discussion not related specifically to one of the topics below

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Sent this to Jerry Pournelle at Chaos Manor. Byte columnist

Postby Larrydoo » Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:31 pm

An Alternative to Outlook

Hi Jerry,

I enjoy your work very much. Thank you.

I read that you had a corrupted Outlook .pst file. This happened to me every month it seems and it is hard to fix. I gave up and found Barca, an email and calendering program from Poco Systems ( www.pocosystems.com ) and it is wonderful. It does everything Outlook does and much more. Can be tweaked with so many options. Never crashes, no corruption. Just a delight to use. Inline spell checking, has its own HTML rendering engine, no viruses.

If you just need email and no calendaring they also offer Pocomail. Also wonderful.

Thank you again for the enjoyment you give me. I am going to subscribe.

Best,

Larry

Larry Doolittle Production Solutions Associates

I think I have never heard of this program and I probably ought to look into it for the column as well as here...

Edit Eric: Moved to General
Larrydoo
Frequent Visitor

Postby robin » Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:25 am

Is Jerry and Chaos Manor still around? I thought Byte had disappeared - it certainly has here in the UK.

I used to read Jerry's column in Byte when I was in the USA in 1990: the latest thing then was 486 / 33MHz machines.....

If he does do a column with Barca in it, perhaps you'd scan it for me?
robin

Postby jaxgtr » Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:06 am

Hey can you post a link to the site cause I found numerous links to numerous sites. Thanks,

Brian
jaxgtr
Poco Enthusiast

Chaos Manor

Postby Larrydoo » Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:17 am

Larrydoo
Frequent Visitor

Postby jaxgtr » Thu Jul 21, 2005 10:24 am

Gracias Senior

Brian
jaxgtr
Poco Enthusiast