[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Forum is back!

Forum is back!

Discussion not related specifically to one of the topics below

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Forum is back!

Postby Slaven » Sun Aug 28, 2005 10:26 am

We are doing some work on our server so it was necessary to take the forums down for a day to avoid losing posts that could have been made while the work was ongoing. All of the forums are back now, let us know if you notice any problems!
Slaven Radic
Poco Systems Inc
Slaven
Poco Systems Inc

Re: Forum is back!

Postby Andreas » Mon Aug 29, 2005 2:47 am

Slaven wrote:let us know if you notice any problems!

Some postings containing foreign language characters, e.g. Ä, don't look okay now. [edit]
Andreas
Poco Enthusiast

Postby Slaven » Mon Aug 29, 2005 4:30 am

Thanks, we are going to be looking into this; we actually had encoding problems before this for some users, while others seemingly didn't have them.
Slaven Radic
Poco Systems Inc
Slaven
Poco Systems Inc

Postby robin » Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:39 am

Slaven - I've been unable to get to the forums from my usual home IP address. I still get the "This board is unavailable" message. I guess that it is maybe being cached somewhere, but is there anything on the board that might be causing it?

I've posted this from the server at work (VPN and remote desktop).
robin

Postby Jose » Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:53 am

Hi Robin,

Please, enter the URL, press CTRL+F5 and try it again.
I hope this helps you.
Jose

Postby Slaven » Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:02 am

Actually, the forum has moved to a new box, with a different IP. The "other" forum is still running but has been disabled to prevent posts from appearing on both ends while DNS updates across the world. Most people's DNS has updated yesterday but some providers have a fairly slow DNS refresh (including mine :roll: ).
Slaven Radic
Poco Systems Inc
Slaven
Poco Systems Inc

Postby robin » Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:15 am

Slaven wrote:Actually, the forum has moved to a new box, with a different IP. The "other" forum is still running but has been disabled to prevent posts from appearing on both ends while DNS updates across the world. Most people's DNS has updated yesterday but some providers have a fairly slow DNS refresh (including mine :roll: ).
Yes - that makes a lot of sense, although my work laptop on the home network also sees the correct forum. Must be something to do with DNS caching between the system cache on the home computer, not helped by the caching in the firewall (set to 7 days by default!)

Thanks!!

Edit: resolved it - stopped then restarted the DNS client service.
robin

Return to General Discussion