[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - How Do I Beta Test Poco 4?

How Do I Beta Test Poco 4?

Discussion not related specifically to one of the topics below

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

How Do I Beta Test Poco 4?

Postby juror56 » Thu Sep 15, 2005 2:33 am

Right after I received my email newsletter on Sept 6 I sent my request for access to the Beta forum as outlined in the newsletter. I asked again on Friday the 9th. It is now the 15th and I have heard nothing from Pocosystems, and when I go to that forum it still says "Sorry, but only users granted special access can read topics in this forum."

What gives?

~ Moved to General ... Eric ~
juror56
Poco Tourist

Re: How Do I Beta Test Poco 4?

Postby Eric » Thu Sep 15, 2005 2:44 am

Hi juror56 & welcome to Poco Forums, :D
juror56 wrote:What gives?
Have a look at this topic. :wink:
Eric

Postby juror56 » Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:26 am

No mention of registration number was made in the newsletter:

>>>
You can now download the beta version directly from our Poco Forum. You will need a Poco Forum account so that we can give you access to the beta test area. If you don't have a Poco Forum account you can create one at: http://www.pocosystems.com/forum/. After you have an account please email support@pocosystems.com with your account name and we will add you to the beta area."
<<<

If reg no. is needed, a simple canned reply saying they need this would be a nice courtesy.

Ignoring us is no way to do business. :(
juror56
Poco Tourist

Postby Slaven » Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:36 am

We have had a huge number of people apply for testing - as I mentioned in the previous newsletter please don't get offended if you don't make it, it really isn't personal.
Slaven Radic
Poco Systems Inc
Slaven
Poco Systems Inc

Postby juror56 » Fri Sep 16, 2005 2:33 pm

Silly me! I thought a "Open Beta" meant anyone with a Poco Forum account could download and test it. :o My Sept. newsletter said:

>>>
You can now download the beta version directly from our Poco Forum. You will need a Poco Forum account so that we can give you access to the beta test area. If you don't have a Poco Forum account you can create one at:
<<<

Since the newsletter goes out to anyone who asked to be on the mailing list, I assumed it meant me. From the other postings here, I see I am not the only one who thought this.

This should really have been termed an "Expanded Private Beta." I am not "insulted" or have any "hard feelings" because I wasn't picked, but if you were only doing a limited expansion of the test team it should have been explained as such. The wording clearly implies all interested parties could test it.

It also seems that Eric, our Moderator, doesn't know this is a limited Beta. In more than one reply to problems in other forums (both PocoMail and Barca) he has said something to the effect of,

>>>
If you subscribed to PocoReport you should have gotten notice that the Open beta started and everyone could apply to get access to that section.
<<<

A better description of the offer would have resulted in fewer posting on the subject by Poco users eager to help debug this fine product prior to public release. It would have also meant less 'splaining from you.

Thanks for listening.
juror56
Poco Tourist

Postby Eric » Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:51 pm

juror56 wrote:It also seems that Eric, our Moderator, doesn't know this is a limited Beta.
You hit the nail right on the head.
It's also what I understood from PocoReport. :?
Maybe a better wording/phrasing could have avoided this. :wink:
Eric

Return to General Discussion