[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Potential new user - Poco/Barca

Potential new user - Poco/Barca

Discussion not related specifically to one of the topics below

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Potential new user - Poco/Barca

Postby jmdshort » Mon Oct 17, 2005 2:40 pm

Sorry if this isn't the right forum to ask this...

After being a Pegasus Mail user for several years, I've decided to look at other clients and see what they have to offer.

I downloaded Poco and like what I see so far... of course, I doubt that I would put it through the ringer with my basic email needs.

I understand that version 4 will be released soon... which brings me to my first set of questions

1) Will it be best to wait until 4.0 is out before purchasing? If I do purchase 3.4 now, will I need to pay for 4.0?

2) Will 4.0 offer integrated import of Pegasus Mail... or will I still need to use Aid4Mail ?

Finally - I like what I see about Barca. I don't currently use a PIM, but have been feeling like one is definitely needed.

3) I notice that Barca has not been updated for over 6 months... is there a major revision change/beta coming soon for it? (See question #1)

4) Is the email client in Barca the same as Poco? What differences, if any, are there?

Sorry if these questions have been asked several times in the past.

Thanks,

Jeff
jmdshort
New Arrival

Postby Eric » Mon Oct 17, 2005 6:52 pm

Hi Jeff & welcome to Poco Forums, :D
jmdshort wrote:Sorry if this isn't the right forum to ask this...

After being a Pegasus Mail user for several years, I've decided to look at other clients and see what they have to offer.

I downloaded Poco and like what I see so far... of course, I doubt that I would put it through the ringer with my basic email needs.

I understand that version 4 will be released soon... which brings me to my first set of questions

1) Will it be best to wait until 4.0 is out before purchasing? If I do purchase 3.4 now, will I need to pay for 4.0?
If you buy 3.4 now, you'll be eligible to a free upgrade to 4.0.
It's been answered before by Slaven, but I can't find the topic at present. (in a hurry) :?
Edit: see this topic. :P
2) Will 4.0 offer integrated import of Pegasus Mail... or will I still need to use Aid4Mail ?
I still think Aid4Mail or Mailbag Assistant do an incredible job to convert everything without too much hassle. 8)
PocoMail can import messages from Pegasus, have a look at this topic: Import 'All Messages' from Outlook Express.
3) I notice that Barca has not been updated for over 6 months... is there a major revision change/beta coming soon for it? (See question #1)
Barca 2 & Poco 4 are close to being released. :P
4) Is the email client in Barca the same as Poco? What differences, if any, are there?
Yes, it's the same engine, only Barca has an integrated PIM.
Sorry if these questions have been asked several times in the past.
Best to use the Search facility to find other answers to your questions.

I hope this helps. :wink:
Eric

Return to General Discussion