[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Just a thought on the forums...

Just a thought on the forums...

Discussion not related specifically to one of the topics below

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Just a thought on the forums...

Postby saoir » Sat Oct 29, 2005 1:30 am

I have moved over to Barca now after a couple of years on Pocomail ... and I realise that Barca and Pocomail are essentially identical in their email function..

So when I am reading the forums on both Pocomail and Barca in order to pick up all potential issues, it occurred to me that they are essentially dealing with the same thing and include a lot of duplication.

Would it be an idea to change the structure of the forums ... because of the duplicity between the Barca and Poco 'how- to' forums ? And instead have a "Pocomail and Barc Email How-To" Forum, with a separate "Barca Calendar etc. how-to" Forum ?

Just a thought. :lol:
saoir
Poco Enthusiast

Postby Tomas » Sat Oct 29, 2005 1:45 am

The only question is whether regular users will not be confused. We know that Barca and Poco is basically the same in the core, but regular user that purchases just one, and only visits forum once or twice to solve the issue, could have been a bit confused.

Just an opinion, I for one would welcome what you suggest.
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby jaxgtr » Sat Oct 29, 2005 4:40 am

I agree, there should be a group for all the email issues and a different group for the non-Poco related items like Calendar, Planner, ect., like the how the scripting and filtering groups are done.

Nice idea Saoir.

Brian
jaxgtr
Poco Enthusiast

Postby Jim » Sun Nov 06, 2005 3:14 am

The Barca related issues will confuse the non-PIM users. Also, as the PIM function becomes more developed tthe usefulness of the seperation will become more obviuos.
Jim

Sub category

Postby MonBidoux » Tue Nov 29, 2005 12:48 am

It could be useful to see a sub category for posted messages:

Suject: IMAP folders
Sub category: Not syncronizing in Barca 2.
MonBidoux
Poco Enthusiast

Postby Slaven » Tue Nov 29, 2005 5:09 am

Thanks - we are trying to think of a way to optimize the layout of the forums without confusing newcomers, which can be tricky. :)
Slaven Radic
Poco Systems Inc
Slaven
Poco Systems Inc

Sometimes...

Postby MonBidoux » Tue Nov 29, 2005 7:31 am

Slaven, i sometimes wonder if i should post or not.
It's not always easy to convey with words what our thoughts may be. And so, you are definitely right about making things as easy as can be for newcomers.
Revamping a message board! Oh boy!! Not an easy task!
MonBidoux
Poco Enthusiast

Re: Sometimes...

Postby Eric » Tue Nov 29, 2005 7:41 am

MonBidoux wrote:Revamping a message board! Oh boy!! Not an easy task!
Tell me about it, we just did it at Graphics Playground. :?
Eric

Postby saoir » Wed Dec 07, 2005 7:28 am

It might be useful from time to time to make use of polling in the forum... on specific questions that might assist Slaven decide on design/function questions... ?
saoir
Poco Enthusiast

Postby MonBidoux » Mon Dec 12, 2005 6:20 am

Not sure if it's Verdana that's being used, but i would prefer a smaller font for postings. Question of taste i guess.
MonBidoux
Poco Enthusiast

Postby J-Mac » Tue Dec 13, 2005 6:00 pm

MonBidoux wrote:Not sure if it's Verdana that's being used, but i would prefer a smaller font for postings. Question of taste i guess.

Well, phpBB, the forum software, is an open source / free application, and it offers very little in the way of user configuration.

Others, like Invision, are much nicer and user-configurable to a much greater extent. But of course, those actually cost real money!!

However you can change the font size right there on your own browser! What browser are you using?
J-Mac
J-Mac
Poco Enthusiast

Location: The Great State of Pennsylvania, in the Merry Old Land of Oz!

Postby MonBidoux » Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:54 am

Yes, i can ctrl + - in Firefox but, who likes to do that?
I mean, you surf most of the web without having to touch those functions.
Maybe i should shift to IE? Think i'll give it a shot to see what it looks like there! (Not for long though)!
MonBidoux
Poco Enthusiast

Postby Eric » Wed Dec 14, 2005 7:04 am

MonBidoux wrote:Yes, i can ctrl + - in Firefox but, who likes to do that?
I mean, you surf most of the web without having to touch those functions.
Maybe i should shift to IE? Think i'll give it a shot to see what it looks like there! (Not for long though)!
If you're using Firefox you can use your own fonts to display the page. :)
Go to Tools > Options > Content and press the Advanced button.
Uncheck 'Allow pages to choose their own fonts, instead of my selection above'.

Best to play a bit with it, until you've got the right font. :wink:
Eric

Postby MonBidoux » Wed Dec 14, 2005 8:11 am

Thanks again Eric!

Getting lessons here on Firefox too! Hé! hé!
That's one of the main reasons i prefer this browser to others. So much flexibility (although you need to discover them the hard way sometimes!).

:)
MonBidoux
Poco Enthusiast

Postby Eric » Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:55 am

You're welcome MB. :wink:
We learn each day something more about other apps, as well as with Poco/Barca.
Using Opera though as my main browser and Firefox as my backup. :)
Eric

Next

Return to General Discussion