[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Using Windows Media Player for Poco attachments

Using Windows Media Player for Poco attachments

Discussion not related specifically to one of the topics below

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Using Windows Media Player for Poco attachments

Postby lhite31 » Fri Aug 20, 2004 1:36 am

Hello List,

I received an attachment the other day in Eudora Mail, titled CAS F 16.wmv. It open ok with Windows Media Player in Eudora, but when I forwarded it to myself, to open in Poco Mail, Windows Media Player would not reconize the .wmv extension. Would that have something to do with Poco or something else?
Lloyd L. Hite
lhite31
Drop-in Visitor

Postby frazmi » Fri Aug 20, 2004 1:40 am

Did Windows Media Player actually run? Or did you double click on the attachment and nothing happened?

If the latter, try the right-click context menu. Select the attachment, right-click, choose Open Other, then navigate to media player. That should do the trick.

If Media Player actually ran, then the problem is most likely not with Poco, but with the Player setup. Perhaps the file association for .wmv has been "stolen" by another application. (Check Windows Explorer, Tools | Folder Options | File types)
frazmi
Poco Enthusiast

Postby lhite31 » Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:06 am

Yes, Media Player was running. copied the file and pasted it the Attachment folder in Program Files, then open it and it ran ok. I just do not understand why it will not run in Poco.
Lloyd L. Hite
lhite31
Drop-in Visitor

Postby frazmi » Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:14 am

Ah, I think I understand better. Poco is designed not to run content inside of the Poco program. It's a security question. Basically, since Poco won't run scripts, won't execute macros, won't run EXE or DLL files, it's very difficult (perhaps impossible) to compromise the Poco program itself with a virus, trojan, etc.
frazmi
Poco Enthusiast

Postby lhite31 » Fri Aug 20, 2004 4:02 am

Thank You, I understand now. All I have to do is copy all attachments to the attachment folder and then open them.
Lloyd L. Hite
lhite31
Drop-in Visitor

Postby tribble » Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:04 pm

thanks for that one frazmi. I had forgotten and was wondering why I occasionally had that problem myself :idea:
tribble
Poco Enthusiast

Return to General Discussion