[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - POCO 4.0 CONTACTS & SEARCH

POCO 4.0 CONTACTS & SEARCH

Discussion not related specifically to one of the topics below

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Postby nomis1934 » Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:47 am

4.0 is not prior versions. Simplicity has gone. Looks like I have to go back to my previous version!

NEW MAIL:
Simple button in bar to list all the books not there. Right click brings them up. Open up a book to address mail. Then you have to start from scratch to open that same book to send cc's or bcc's in the same letter to others within the book. Phone numbers appearing, wonderful but you have to go in to edit to see the e-mail address.

CONTACTS:
Cannot be sorted in e-mail addresses.
Books and Groups cannot collaspe and remain collasped.
Extra steps in order to edit and service accounts.

SEARCH:
Wow - what problems. Have to close down and start up over and over again. Searches bring more that what was asked for. Then locks up. Searchs brings up names, addresses, etc., not even near what the input was.

This is not the POCO that I have enjoyed over the past four or five years. Sure there were quirks, but nothing compared to what is going on now. I was looking forward to this release but it just plain doesn't work. I have literally thousands of addresses in my POCO and find it almost impossible to service. The contact folder is useless compared to previous versions.
Laurence (Laurie) Simon
nomis1934
Poco Tourist

Postby Slaven » Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:20 pm

I would suggest reading the new Online Help, some things have changed but overall the application should be simpler, faster and searching especially is many many times more powerful. If something is not working as Help describes you may want to contact support in case you are having a problem with your installation.
Slaven Radic
Poco Systems Inc
Slaven
Poco Systems Inc

Postby nomis1934 » Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:23 pm

I have spent literally hours, reading, trying, etc. End result, I restored my 3.4 version and will have to live with that. With a address book containing close to 2,900 names, I am not about to go through the list and change it to conform to 4.0.

I will as you stated, contact support with full details of what 4.0 will not do vs. 3.4.
Laurence (Laurie) Simon
nomis1934
Poco Tourist

Postby Slaven » Wed Nov 09, 2005 5:34 am

Thanks, we'd appreciate to see what caused you these problems.
Slaven Radic
Poco Systems Inc
Slaven
Poco Systems Inc

Return to General Discussion