[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - IMAP again!

IMAP again!

Discussion not related specifically to one of the topics below

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

IMAP again!

Postby MonBidoux » Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:57 am

Good morning,

Much has been written about IMAP support here and much has been accomplished by PocoSystems in that area. For this i am very thankful and this was also one of the reasons that have kept me coming back to Poco and upgrade as the years have gone bye bye.

IMHO, the is only one last major hurdle and i was wondering if it was in the works. Will Barca (or Poco) be able to eventually create/delete folders not only locally (as it can now do) but also simultaneously online with the email service?
MonBidoux
Poco Enthusiast

Postby JD » Sun Apr 02, 2006 5:37 am

Yes, I'm a bit surprised to see that Pocomail is very lacking in IMAP handling. One of my complaints is that sending emails from an IMAP account doesn't store the email in the IMAP's sent folder but in the local folder. You can't even create a filter to move it because the pick list doesn't include IMAP folders. I think you can manually drag the message into the IMAP's sent folder but I'd rather not have to do it that way. Hopefully they will add better IMAP support in a future version. Currently, that's the only thing preventing me from purchasing Pocomail (again.)
JD
Poco Tourist

Postby RBernier » Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:33 pm

I am a very big fan of Poco Mail and Barca, but I have been saying for some time now that there needs to be much more effort put into the development of IMAP. Poco Systems has come a long way with IMAP funtionality but, they have a very long way to go before Poco Mail and Barca can be considered serious IMAP clients. The IMAP functionality is still very clunky. I don't use Barca as my primary email client mainly because of the fact that IMAP functionality does still have a long way to go.
Ron Bernier
RBernier
Resident Poster

Return to General Discussion