[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - version 3.3 or 3.4 downloads?

version 3.3 or 3.4 downloads?

Discussion not related specifically to one of the topics below

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

version 3.3 or 3.4 downloads?

Postby raz1313 » Sun Aug 27, 2006 1:40 pm

Anyone have a setup for these versions or a link to it?

Also, re: Poco 4.1..... does it "really" support IMAP? --> I mean, can I create/delete IMAP folders that exist on the server and see the folder hierarchy from Poco's interface?

Last, as I know new potential users read this forum before they buy, I just wanted to post my main reason for being a poco user: color control of the windows. I tend to suffer from migrains, but if I can have low contrast colors that I can vary from time to time, it helps me keep the migrains away. (Yeah, yeah, it's not real "scientific" but my migrains are down to about 2 a year since I got poco, removed the flourescent lights from my office, and cut down on the orange juice). If I were on X Windows, I would not need poco, but since I am bound to evil MS-Windows, I have to have a program that I can cotrol colors individually.

thanks
r

~ Moved from PocoMail ... Eric ~
raz1313
New Arrival

Re: version 3.3 or 3.4 downloads?

Postby Eric » Sun Aug 27, 2006 7:02 pm

Hi raz1313 & welcome to Poco Forums, :D
raz1313 wrote:Anyone have a setup for these versions or a link to it?
Don't have the link for 3.3, but here you'll find PocoMail 3.4. :)
Also, re: Poco 4.1..... does it "really" support IMAP? --> I mean, can I create/delete IMAP folders that exist on the server and see the folder hierarchy from Poco's interface?
Don't use it much, but you can't create nor delete folders on the IMAP server, however you can see the hierarchy from Poco's interface and access your mail.
Not used to IMAP and I don't need it, so perhaps someone using it daily can give you more info about it. :?
I tend to suffer from migrains, but if I can have low contrast colors that I can vary from time to time, it helps me keep the migrains away.
Sorry to hear about the migrains. :?

Hope the above helps a bit. :wink:
Eric

Postby raz1313 » Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:13 am

Eric wrote:Hi raz1313 & welcome to Poco Forums, :D [

thanks!
Don't have the link for 3.3, but here you'll find PocoMail 3.4. :)

excellent. this worked and 3.4 is up and running.

Also, re: Poco 4.1..... does it "really" support IMAP? ....

Don't use it much, but you can't create nor delete folders on the IMAP server, however you can see the hierarchy from Poco's interface and access your mail.
Not used to IMAP and I don't need it, so perhaps someone using it daily can give you more info about it. :?

That's too bad. I can see in version 3.4, you can't even see the IMAP folder hierarchy.

I wonder if I can write a poco script to take care of it? I probably won't have the time.

Thanks again.
raz1313
New Arrival

Postby Eric » Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:18 am

You're welcome raz1313. :wink:
raz1313 wrote:That's too bad. I can see in version 3.4, you can't even see the IMAP folder hierarchy.
Why not give version 4 a shot?
I wonder if I can write a poco script to take care of it? I probably won't have the time.
I guess a poco script won't do the trick.
Sorry. :?
Eric

Postby raz1313 » Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:18 pm

raz1313 wrote:That's too bad. I can see in version 3.4, you can't even see the IMAP folder hierarchy.
Why not give version 4 a shot?

Because I already contributed $$ in version 3. Looks like 4 still doesn't "fully" support IMAP. And, there are many other free email clients out there with full IMAP support. Poco still has the edge on interface configurability, and right now, that's why I stick with it.... I just cannot pay again and not get my IMAP support.

cheers
r
raz1313
New Arrival

Postby Eric » Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:43 pm

raz1313 wrote: I just cannot pay again and not get my IMAP support.
No problem, it's your choice raz1313, and that's just fine by me. :)

Just a bit curious as to why you didn't try it yet. :wink:
Eric

Return to General Discussion