[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Pocomail - How is the Support these days ???

Pocomail - How is the Support these days ???

Discussion not related specifically to one of the topics below

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Pocomail - How is the Support these days ???

Postby devtx » Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:12 am

Hello,

I was wondering if I could get some feedback on what the feelings were on how responsive and knowledgeable the tech support is from Poco Systems. I have been lurking around the forums and get the idea that currently the support is sub-par.

I have been asked to make a recommendation on a non-Microsoft pop3 e-mail client to a medium sized corporation. Prompt technical support is a must (doesn't have to be immediate, but responses to requests should be within 24 hours). While, I use Pocomail personally and love the features, I can't afford to have my reputation damaged if the company I'm consulting for can't get good support in case of problems.

Any insight in this area would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Greg
devtx
New Arrival

Postby ericjacobowitz » Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:57 am

I have never tried to contact tech support but have posted messages in the support forum and always get a timely response by someone - not necessarily a poco employee
ericjacobowitz
Resident Poster

Postby Slaven » Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:18 pm

Hi Greg,

We are working on improving our support response, but large license holders typically contact me directly as their requests get escalated anyhow, so that we can resolve any potential problems quickly via email or phone.
Slaven Radic
Poco Systems Inc
Slaven
Poco Systems Inc

Useless

Postby 3trac » Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:40 am

Support is non existant.

They never reply to the contact form on their website or to emails.
3trac
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Slaven » Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:33 am

In the previous post you said we did reply? :)
Slaven Radic
Poco Systems Inc
Slaven
Poco Systems Inc

Postby 3trac » Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:06 am

Slaven wrote:In the previous post you said we did reply? :)

Yes - I had one reply which did not answer my questions.

One reply to over 12 emails and 4 web site contact forms!

Spread over a month!

Pity the response is not as good as it is in this forum where my complaint is in public view!
3trac
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Slaven » Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:17 pm

I have a feeling that the support has mistakenly assumed your code for a stolen code (we don't support those "customers"), as the symptom of your first question comes often to us from stolen licenses. They should have checked better though, as you definitely have a valid code!
Slaven Radic
Poco Systems Inc
Slaven
Poco Systems Inc

licence code for upgrades

Postby 3trac » Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:17 am

It seems that the problem was that I was copying and pasting the licence code straight out of Pocomail 3.4

In this version it displays the licence code without the dashes between the numbers (just spaces).

The upgrade page needs the dashes to recognise the code.

Sorted now - Thank you :D
3trac
Drop-in Visitor

Postby J-Mac » Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:10 pm

Hi Slaven.

I don't know where you get your info, but support has been all but completely absent for well over a year now. Actually closer to two years.

I myself have submitted only a few support tickets, and received a total of two auto-acknowledgements. Nothing after that. And on the very frequent occasions that users post about not receiving any response from PSI support, there is never a flurry of posts refuting those claims.

It has even been mentioned by forum moderators, with references to "...internal problems..." and that PSI support is "...troublesome for now", and "..down for the moment..." - indicating that there are some internal problems within PSI regarding support.

In another thread you mentioned "...but large license holders typically contact me directly as their requests get escalated anyhow...". Somehow that is not reassuring at all. As a matter of fact, it is quite disconcerting for those of your users who are not "large license holders". This indicates that we "small license holders" are not considered in matters of support. So can I presume that my support requests were static because large license holders were being escalated right past me?

Apparently you all have a very different business model than the rest of the world!
J-Mac
J-Mac
Poco Enthusiast

Location: The Great State of Pennsylvania, in the Merry Old Land of Oz!

Postby Slaven » Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:24 pm

Hi J-Mac,

We've been trying hard over the last year to ramp up our support and you'll find it's improved a lot from what you think it is. We haven't announced it yet but we have a new ticketing system (check out Support section of our site), new person in charge of support, who most of you know, and our response times have been measured in hours.
Slaven Radic
Poco Systems Inc
Slaven
Poco Systems Inc

Postby J-Mac » Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:45 pm

Slaven wrote:Hi J-Mac,

We've been trying hard over the last year to ramp up our support and you'll find it's improved a lot from what you think it is. We haven't announced it yet but we have a new ticketing system (check out Support section of our site), new person in charge of support, who most of you know, and our response times have been measured in hours.

It would be nice to see, Slaven. But I am at the "Doubting Thomas" stage; I will reserve all comment until I see it.

Thank you, though, for the quick reply.
J-Mac
J-Mac
Poco Enthusiast

Location: The Great State of Pennsylvania, in the Merry Old Land of Oz!

Postby bouncingbuddha » Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:04 am

I'm with J-Mac here. I "upgraded" to V4 and ran into a problem that Eric tried to rectify. In fact if you check the threads here if it wasn't for Eric support would be non-existent.

I sent two messages to the official support team through the web system and didn't get a reply to either. I don't have the time to spend hours trying to sort out bugs for a develoiper so I have put PM on the shelf until such time as I can spend a day or so trying to sort it out.
bouncingbuddha
Poco Tourist

Postby Tomas » Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:57 am

bouncingbuddha wrote:I sent two messages to the official support team through the web system and didn't get a reply to either. I don't have the time to spend hours trying to sort out bugs for a develoiper so I have put PM on the shelf until such time as I can spend a day or so trying to sort it out.

Please let me know when you sent the messages, your ticket number and your email you sent from (whichever applies), you can PM me so that your data are not exposed publically.

For a bit more than a week, since the support runs on a new helpdesk software, all support enquiries were answered within 24 hours, most in just few hours at most. That's including weekends!

I'm not promising all problems solved, some are very elusive and hard to catch, especially when the support person can't sit to the customer's computer to solve it. But we are trying to do our best.
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby bouncingbuddha » Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:15 pm

Tomas

No ticket numbers were allocated, I just got copies of my request emailed to me.

I'll pop the details to you via PM.
bouncingbuddha
Poco Tourist

Postby Slaven » Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:41 pm

The system is still new and it is possible you are using an older web form, in which case you would get a notification back asking you to use the new support system. If you can provide me with details where you submitted your request I can look into what went wrong.
Slaven Radic
Poco Systems Inc
Slaven
Poco Systems Inc

Next

Return to General Discussion