[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Becoming extremely disillusioned with Poco 4

Becoming extremely disillusioned with Poco 4

Discussion not related specifically to one of the topics below

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Becoming extremely disillusioned with Poco 4

Postby Musicman » Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:40 pm

Anyone from Poco able to put my mind at rest?

I spent a while looking at this program before deciding to purchase. What appealed to me was

1) its ease to use

2) regular builds being issued to fix bugs.

Needless to say since I bought my copy last November there has been just one minor update in April 2006.

Since then, nothing.

I and many others have posted up problems we have encountered - my main source of irritation is that address books are fully opened when you click on To / Cc / Bcc which makes finding an address a total nightmare.

No fix.

Not a word from the team.

Do I assume that this program is no longer being developed? It certainly seems like that judging by the last 6 months of inactivity.

Can anyone confirm if the known bugs are going to be addressed soon or not please.

~ Moved from PocoMail ... Eric ~
Musicman
Poco Tourist

Re: Becoming extremely disillusioned with Poco 4

Postby Eric » Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:14 pm

Musicman wrote:Do I assume that this program is no longer being developed? It certainly seems like that judging by the last 6 months of inactivity.
No, it's still in development although priority is given to myInfoTogo and the PDA sync. :)
Can anyone confirm if the known bugs are going to be addressed soon or not please.
Address books fully opening is not a bug, it's intended this way I guess, so there needs to be an enhancement.

If you reported those bugs directly to PSI and not on this forum, I guess they took note of it, so it can be fixed in a new update.

You can't expect an immediate fix for every bug found, so give them some time to address it.

Hope that helps. :wink:
Eric

Postby Slaven » Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:45 am

And to add: changes and fixes are being applied to PocoMail but we will roll them out when we have enough for an update, thanks!
Slaven Radic
Poco Systems Inc
Slaven
Poco Systems Inc

Return to General Discussion