[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - New version of Pocomail

New version of Pocomail

Discussion not related specifically to one of the topics below

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Postby tusi » Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:06 am

robin wrote:Yes it has been and it still is. But work is underway on future versions.

Thank you for your answer Robin. But i don't understand exactly.

What do you mean on "work is underway"? (Sorry, my bad English, I understand all word, but I don't understand the full sentence)
tusi
Poco Tourist

Postby Tomas » Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:58 am

work is underway = work is in progress
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby tusi » Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:10 am

Tomas! It's OK. :) I understand. :)
tusi
Poco Tourist

Postby robin » Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:38 am

That is a lesson for us all. In English we don't think about using a phrase like that :?
robin

Postby tusi » Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:58 am

This forum is a very good practice for me. I have never been in any country, where the people speak English. I speak English from English practice books only, which are not equal with living language.

I hope, everybody understand me. :lol:
tusi
Poco Tourist

Postby tusi » Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:02 am

Robin! Don't laugh me for my English please. :lol:

I see you are from UK. :oops:
tusi
Poco Tourist

Postby bouncingbuddha » Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:41 am

Tusi

Yopur English is very much better than our Hungarian :wink:
Regards
Kevin
bouncingbuddha
Poco Tourist

Postby tusi » Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:16 am

bouncingbuddha :D

It was good! Is there anybody here to speak Hungarian?

In Hungarian:

Ez jó volt! Beszél itt valaki magyarul? :D
tusi
Poco Tourist

Postby bouncingbuddha » Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:05 pm

Tusi

My wife used to visit Hungary on business importing garden furniture years ago and she said Budapest was a beautiful city, but I have never visited yet.
Regards
Kevin
bouncingbuddha
Poco Tourist

Postby robin » Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:49 pm

tusi wrote:This forum is a very good practice for me. I have never been in any country, where the people speak English. I speak English from English practice books only, which are not equal with living language.

I hope, everybody understand me. :lol:
You're doing very well.

tusi wrote:Robin! Don't laugh me for my English please. :lol:

I see you are from UK. :oops:
tusi - I'm not laughing at your English! Just a little lesson for us in the UK - because English is used all over the world we do not have to learn any other language :wink:
robin

Postby tusi » Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:58 am

bouncingbuddha!

Oh thank you! Where are you from?

Robin! "Just a little lesson for us in the UK" :D

I grudge from you, that you don't have to learn foreign language.

My problem, that I can't understand living speak. We can watch in Hungary the BBC Prime. Every night I watch it at least 30 minutes, but I don't understand anything. I'm not able to understand the main point of programme. So all Tv-show is boring for me. But I have to watch it because I haven't got enogh monde to travel to UK, or another English-speaking contry to learn language.

It is interesting for me, that US English I understand little bit better, than Brittish English. I don't know why.
tusi
Poco Tourist

Postby bouncingbuddha » Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:57 pm

Tusi

I live in the last northern piece of England before it becomes Scotland. I can walk on the high hills behind me and look over and see Scotland. The area is called Cumbria but it is better know as The Lake District but there is more than just the lakes.
Regards
Kevin
bouncingbuddha
Poco Tourist

Postby tusi » Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:59 am

Hello Kevin!

Thank you for your introducing. You don't have to learn languages too like Robin.

Regards, Marta
tusi
Poco Tourist

Postby bouncingbuddha » Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:56 pm

Hi Marta

Thank you for your introducing. You don't have to learn languages too like Robin.

You try and tell that to my friends who have to put up with me learning Greek :wink:
Regards
Kevin
bouncingbuddha
Poco Tourist

Postby bouncingbuddha » Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:09 pm

At the risk of dragging this thread back on target :)

I am a newly returned Poco user so I don't know what has been happening with the development of Poco 4. I was a beta tester for V3 but I cannot remember my access details, but the beta forum here doesn't exactly seem to be busy.

I appreciate the development team have other areas of responsibility such as Barca (which I cannot use because there's no pocket pc synching which is essential to me ) but it seems to me that there has been some sort of crisis at Poco. These forums have their fair share of complaints about lack of support and this has been resolved so we are moving in the right direction.

Shareware is an interesting concept when it comes down to responsibility. As users we have a trial period in which to make up our minds whether the program suits our needs before coughing up the cash. At that moment we buy the program, fully aware of any shortcomings or problems with it and it can be argued under the Caveat Emptor (Buyer Beware) rule that once we have committed ourselves the Poco team do not really have any responsibility other than to sort out any major bugs that occur.

The flip side of the coin is the argument that as paying customers we have certain levels of rights and nthat the programs should be continuously developed.

Whichever side of the argument you take I don't think it is unreasonable for the users to be kept up to date with a little more than "things are being worked on" level. By keeping the punters informed you generate loyalty and enthusiasm for the product and the company developing it.

Even if a list of bugs that were being worked on keeps us involved and keeps the relationship between the company and the customer healthy and happy.

Here endeth the lesson for this Sunday - now I'm off down the pub for a few beers 8)
Regards
Kevin
bouncingbuddha
Poco Tourist

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion