[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - New version of Pocomail

New version of Pocomail

Discussion not related specifically to one of the topics below

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Postby robin » Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:35 am

bouncingbuddha wrote:Here endeth the lesson for this Sunday - now I'm off down the pub for a few beers 8)
robin

Postby amonz » Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:11 am

bouncingbuddha wrote:At the risk of dragging this thread back on target :)

I am a newly returned Poco user so I don't know what has been happening with the development of Poco 4.

I´m too.

After 1 Year with Thunderbird i went back to my Poco 3.4, Pocos search engine is just unbeatable. :D

bouncingbuddha wrote:The flip side of the coin is the argument that as paying customers we have certain levels of rights and nthat the programs should be continuously developed.

This Point prevents me from buying a upgrade to 4.1.
Nearly one Year without a Update of Poco let me suspect a dead product.

Maybe i´m wrong (i hope so) but i won´t upgrade before a newer Version is available.

justmy2cents.

André
amonz
New Arrival

Postby Eric » Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:30 am

Hi André & welcome to Poco Forums, :D
amonz wrote:Maybe i´m wrong (i hope so) but i won´t upgrade before a newer Version is available.
You're wrong about your assumption.
myInfoTogo has been released recently and soon the next beta will start for Poco and Barca. :)

PSI has been really very busy to provide us soon with a new version which includes several bug fixes and enhancements.

Hope you'll like the next update. :wink:
Eric

Postby bouncingbuddha » Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:35 am

Eric

I'll let you kn ow when I see the next beta :wink:

All I have to do is try and remember my old beta user name and password!!!!! Getting old has its disadvantages :cry:
Regards
Kevin
bouncingbuddha
Poco Tourist

Postby Larry » Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:35 am

Eric wrote:Hi André & welcome to Poco Forums, :D
amonz wrote:Maybe i´m wrong (i hope so) but i won´t upgrade before a newer Version is available.
You're wrong about your assumption.
myInfoTogo has been released recently and soon the next beta will start for Poco and Barca. :)

PSI has been really very busy to provide us soon with a new version which includes several bug fixes and enhancements.

Hope you'll like the next update. :wink:

Are they looking for beta testers? I'd be interested in testing.

Larry
Larry
Resident Poster

Postby Eric » Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:53 am

Larry wrote:Are they looking for beta testers? I'd be interested in testing.
I guess it will be announced here or in PocoReport Larry.
You could always send your request to Support, so they'll know you're interested to participate. :)
Eric

Postby tusi » Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:52 am

"Nearly one Year without a Update of Poco let me suspect a dead product."

Me too. :(
tusi
Poco Tourist

Postby Eric » Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:58 am

:!: tusi, read my previous posts.
Poco/Barca isn't a dead product and there isn't a time frame set for another update.
Rest assured, you'll have another update after the beta test. :)
Eric

Postby tusi » Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:22 pm

Eric! I have read your last post, but you have been writing this about new upgrade for months.

When anybody asks the approximately date in the forum, there is no any answer.

Because of I have got message encoding problem, I am waiting for the new version.
tusi
Poco Tourist

Postby Eric » Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:23 pm

tusi, as announced by Slaven the new beta-testing should start mid February or a bit later, so that's not so long anymore :)
When that new version will be released, is a bit difficult to foresee, since it depends on a lot of factors.

That's also why we can't give you or any other, a release date and that applies to all other beta-testing too.

Also wouldn't want to rush out a new version, because other users want one.
Let us test this new version thoroughly. :wink:

p.s.: We knew another update was coming, only we didn't know when at that time. :?
Eric

Postby tusi » Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:10 am

Eric! Thank you for your answer. I am waiting for it. :)

But I see another prducts, and there are updates in every 2-3 months, and not 9 months like here.

Bye, Marta
tusi
Poco Tourist

Postby Tomas » Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:48 am

tusi wrote:But I see another prducts, and there are updates in every 2-3 months, and not 9 months like here.

I am a user of software that has updates like every week. And I have used others that haven't been updated for years and still have many avid users. Every product is different.

In the past, Pocomail had a history of being updated way frequently. I guess this last, longer period, has to do with some deeper inside changes. It would be ineconomical to continue work/updates on the "old thing" which the new one would solve better. Again, just a guess.
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby Slaven » Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:20 am

Here's a few more cents from me: overall, we're not really fans of frequent updates as it upsets the majority of our users - believe it or not most of them hate updating software, especially the software that they rely on daily. PocoMail 4.1 was a very stable release with some legacy problems that require more drastic changes. We are planning another minor update soon before gearing up for major changes to the next major update.

Private builds of this minor update are starting to flow, with the first public beta expected shortly after!
Slaven Radic
Poco Systems Inc
Slaven
Poco Systems Inc

Postby Andreas » Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:36 pm

Slaven wrote: We are planning another minor update soon before gearing up for major changes to the next major update.

This means that the beta starting in mid-February will only be a minor update? This is a bit frustrating. I was hoping for bigger changes (e.g. strongly improved HTML support) after such a long time.
Andreas
Poco Enthusiast

Postby tusi » Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:07 am

Slaven!

Thank you very much for your answer.

The final, and most important question for me. Will you resolve encoding problem in forwarded, draft, replayed mails? This is a serious problem for me.

For example: The original message: "Műszaki Főiskolai".
If I want to forward it, it will be: "M9±szaki F9iskolai"

If the message is long, there is 10-20 minutes to fix the bad characters.

I have written it to this forum since months I was promised it will resolve.

I have read about it from Czech member too. I am Hungarian.
I use ISO-8859-2, but I have tried a lot of variant.

But I am patient. Thank you again.
tusi
Poco Tourist

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion