[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - !ntellect

!ntellect

Discussion not related specifically to one of the topics below

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

!ntellect

Postby DanG » Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:35 pm

Hi Guys, I downloaded Time and Chaos's !ntellect yesterday for a trial. Not sure of my verdict yet. First impression is that it's not as easy to use as Barca though I do like the appointment listing feature.

I paid for my copy of Barca (+tax!) and am very happy with it. Obviously I look forward to improvements and fixes for any glitches although I can't remember any bug bothering me. I like Outlook but I prefer the portability that Barca gives me. I have it installed on a LaCie 40 gig disc drive that I now carry instead of my laptop. I get round any portability problems with little "workarounds". I am running a major home refurbishing project using Tasks and Appointments and find it a great help.

I'm looking forward to seeing Myinfotogo and maybe some kind of syncing to my Dell Axim but honestly the trouble that the Dell's operating system gives me makes me think I can live without it. It is good for Skypeing while pacing the room though!

Regards, Daniel Gilvey. :)
DanG
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Slaven » Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:41 am

Thanks - they picked an interesting name (I was about to delete this thread as spam before I read the post :) ).
Slaven Radic
Poco Systems Inc
Slaven
Poco Systems Inc

Postby bareges » Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:21 am

Slaven,

I'm glad you didn't as it most certainly isn't spam - Thomas may have sent you a copy of my message which relates to the Palm conduit solution taken by the same team - if you go to their forum (http://forum-chaos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1136)to have a look, I believe that the poster mddmx is Michael Whittingham the CEO of Chaos Software...............It is an interesting approach that may suit you at PSI.
Kind Regards
Charles
bareges
Frequent Visitor

Postby bareges » Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:29 am

Following on from above I am a long time user of T&C but the email client in Intellect is a variation of Xpress+ which IMHO doesn't hold a candle to Poco hence my constant pleas for Palm syncing with Barca. The idea forwarded by Tomas (sorry Tomas I misspelt your name above) is their latest approach having provided their own version of a Palm conduit for quite some time.

Have alook and see what you think it may be a way out of the black hole that Palm appear to have created!!
Kind Regards
Charles
bareges
Frequent Visitor

Postby Tomas » Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:12 am

sorry Tomas I misspelt your name above

no problem :wink:

What they took is definitely an interesting approach.
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby Slaven » Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:57 pm

Thanks, we'll definitely check it out!
Slaven Radic
Poco Systems Inc
Slaven
Poco Systems Inc

Postby RabbenuTom » Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:35 am

Slaven wrote:Thanks, we'll definitely check it out!

Be great, as the only reason I didn't stay with Barca/Poco (and evangelize it to my friends) is the lack of Palm syncing (which I spent several years spreading the word since my palm 1000 days).
RabbenuTom
Poco Tourist

Postby bouncingbuddha » Sat Dec 30, 2006 6:56 pm

As pointed out above, the email module of !ntellect is Express Plus and this is very much the weak point in what is basically Time and Chaos which I have used for years.

Palm synching, I am led to believe, is easier to arrange than Pocket PC synching because of the nature of the Palm core database. With T&C and the Pocket PC synch I got a lot of duplication and some weirdness with birthdays and anniversaries making it almost unusable.
Regards
Kevin
bouncingbuddha
Poco Tourist

Return to General Discussion