[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Eric...Need some info from you!

Eric...Need some info from you!

Discussion not related specifically to one of the topics below

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Eric...Need some info from you!

Postby Goody » Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:32 am

Erik,
If you do not mind sharing, please tell me what you are using to make the really neat notated screen capture comments you use in your replies to questions.

Thanks
Goody
Goody
Goody
Poco Tourist

Postby Tomas » Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:42 am

http://www.pocosystems.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5326

Just accidentally I'm here right now for the same purpose..., I remember Eric uses Snagit, but just wanted to read his review (link above)
:D
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby Goody » Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:54 am

Again, Many thanks. It is very refreshing to be using an excellent product and have such responsive forum support. It make using BarcaPro so much more enjoyable. I have had Barca for a while but only recently explored it's incredible functionality. It is just terrific.
Thanks again
Goody
Goody
Goody
Poco Tourist

Re: Eric...Need some info from you!

Postby Eric » Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:42 am

Goody wrote:If you do not mind sharing, please tell me what you are using to make the really neat notated screen capture comments you use in your replies to questions.
No problem sharing it with you, it's no secret either. :lol:

Here's my favourite, SnagIt.

It's not free, but it does offer a 30 days trial which allows you to explore its numerous possibilities.

Used HyperSnap before, until I found this little gem. 8)

Here's a topic about the same question you asked about and a lot of other screen capture software is mentioned there.
-> Good screen capture utility?

I have had Barca for a while but only recently explored it's incredible functionality. It is just terrific.
Couldn't agree more and we learn each day something more about it.
So much to learn and explore. :)

Moving this topic to General now, so have fun finding the one you really like. :wink:
Eric

Postby Eric » Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:50 am

Tomas wrote:Just accidentally I'm here right now for the same purpose...
If you want to buy it, I really can recommend SnagIt. That's one purchase I've never regretted and if there's another upgrade I also pay it immediately without even testing it out.

That's how good it really is. :P

Their support is also great and you do get a lot of tutorials showing you how to work with it. They got a forum too for all questions about their products.

Else chose a free one where I would recommend FastStone Screen capture.

Have fun discovering what those apps can do and to all a nice weekend. ;)
Eric

Postby robin » Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:44 pm

FWIW I use MWSnap3.

Doesn't have the drawing tools, but free.
robin

Postby Tomas » Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:06 pm

After playing with it quickly, Snagit is definitely more powerful than Faststone Capture, but Faststone capture is easier to use at the start (simpler interface than Snagit). Also it is freeware, or it costs $29 for lifetime and has frequent updates. Snagit also has continuing development, but the upgrades are paid for.

ScreenshotCaptor from http://www.donationcoder.com/Software/M ... index.html is interesting, though the two above felt way better so I didn't explore the functionality differences.

Concur to Robin, MWSnap3 is very good if you don't need the drawing tools.
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby Eric » Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:37 pm

Tomas wrote:After playing with it quickly, Snagit is definitely more powerful than Faststone Capture, but Faststone capture is easier to use at the start (simpler interface than Snagit). Also it is freeware, or it costs $29 for lifetime and has frequent updates. Snagit also has continuing development, but the upgrades are paid for.
You do get used to SnagIt really quickly. :D
BTW FastStone Screen Capture is free for home users, so no need to pay for it. If you donate, you receive a lifetime license key.
Got one that way for FastStone Image Viewer. 8)
ScreenshotCaptor is interesting, though the two above felt way better so I didn't explore the functionality differences.
It's also a good one, but you do need to register and after one year you'll receive your last license code lifetime. :D
Concur to Robin, MWSnap3 is very good if you don't need the drawing tools.
There are a lot of screenshot capture programs. It all depends on what you like or what you want to do with it. Personal preference in short.

Use whatever you like. :wink:
Eric

Postby robin » Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:02 pm

Eric wrote:There are a lot of screenshot capture programs. It all depends on what you like or what you want to do with it. Personal preference in short.

Use whatever you like. :wink:
You're quite right - Eric - but the point of the post was to find out what other people use (you!) and recommend; and we all know that following a personal recommendation avoids trawling through *all* the different programs out there.
robin

Postby Eric » Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:27 am

robin wrote:You're quite right - Eric - but the point of the post was to find out what other people use (you!) and recommend; and we all know that following a personal recommendation avoids trawling through *all* the different programs out there.
Indeed Robin, I do know how many I've tried before finding the one which fits my needs, although with a little detour. :?
Already bought HyperSnap-DX before, until I found SnagIt, because it's far superior IMO.

Won't work with another now, so those two are my personal recommendations. One paid and another free for personal use. 8)
Eric

Return to General Discussion