[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Poco newsletter signup ionCube PHP Loader problem

Poco newsletter signup ionCube PHP Loader problem

Discussion not related specifically to one of the topics below

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Poco newsletter signup ionCube PHP Loader problem

Postby Lara » Thu May 03, 2007 11:31 am

I just bought (registered) PocoMail today and I'm quite pleased with the app itself (it's much better than the other email apps I've tried the last couple weeks), however now I'm trying to sign up for the PocoReport Newsletter at:
http://www.pocosystems.com/home/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=70&Itemid=46
but it results in an error-type page with the following message:

"The file /home/virtual/site1/fst/var/www/html/lists/box.php has been encoded with the ionCube PHP Encoder and requires the free ioncube_loader_lin_4.4.so ionCube PHP Loader to be installed."] - that's at
http://www.pocosystems.com/lists/box.php,
which shows a link to ionCube PHP Loader at:
http://www.ioncube.com/loader_download/

What does all that mean? :? :? The ionCube page starts out by making it look like it's something that needs to be done at the server level or something, but then down below there are things called "Loader Packages" - is that some funky browser add-on that PocoMail customers (like me) are supposed to download and figure out how to put onto their PC's or :?: :?:. I don't WANT any browser add-ons, especially several-MB ones. It should *not* be necessary just to sign up for a simple newsletter... right? Can't they just email me the newsletter?

I made sure that cookies were turned on, Javascript turned on, etc etc. I don't see how it could be a browser problem and besides, all other pages and sites work fine.

I guess if the newsletter is AWOL, I'll survive, but it would be nice to get the newsletter to make sure I'm not missing out on stuff :)

Thanks for any help about how to sign up for the newsletter,

Lara
Lara
New Arrival

Re: Poco newsletter signup ionCube PHP Loader problem

Postby Eric » Thu May 03, 2007 4:43 pm

Hi Lara & welcome to Poco Forums, :D
Lara wrote:I just bought (registered) PocoMail today and I'm quite pleased with the app itself (it's much better than the other email apps I've tried the last couple weeks)
Welcome to the club. Glad you're liking it, as we all do.
however now I'm trying to sign up for the PocoReport
I'm getting the same error when trying to register. :?
I guess it's an error in PHP, a module missing, but then again I'm no expert in PHP.

It has nothing to do with your browser, so no need to add anything. No add-on, no file, no nothing.
Just an error on that page, so PSI will have to take a look at it.
Edit: See Pocomail Newsletters
Can't they just email me the newsletter?
Better send an email to support requesting to be added to PocoReport's subscriberslist.
I guess if the newsletter is AWOL, I'll survive, but it would be nice to get the newsletter to make sure I'm not missing out on stuff :)
I don't think it's gone, but a lot has been going on, so perhaps no time was left to make a new PocoReport. :?

Enjoy Poco & if you do have any other questions, look around and if not found start a new topic.

Have a nice, sunny weekend. :wink:

FYI: Moved your topic from PocoMail
Eric

Postby robin » Thu May 03, 2007 9:30 pm

Eric - in these circumstances I would PM Slaven with it to bring it to his attention. Did you, if not I can do it.
robin

Postby Eric » Thu May 03, 2007 9:38 pm

Just did Robin, so he'll have a look at it soon.
It was already reported, but it's still broken. :?

It's always interesting to receive PocoReport once in a while. :)

Have a great weekend. :wink:
Eric

Postby Slaven » Fri May 04, 2007 3:46 am

Thanks for the report - we are stuck in between two software packages for PocoReport but haven't had time to address the problem yet (it's a tricky problem).
Slaven Radic
Poco Systems Inc
Slaven
Poco Systems Inc

Postby Lara » Sat May 05, 2007 7:07 pm

Thanks to all, for the replies - I appreciate it! Now I am happy both with PocoMail and with the community too :) By the way, I don't know how I missed the earlier question on this topic - I did in fact do a search, but somehow I missed it. Anyway I appreciate the courteous responses :)

A side note, as I use PocoMail more and root around in the menus etc., I keep discovering more useful things that I hadn't noticed (or didn't quite understand what they did) at first - such as the "Privacy Sheet" which is a great idea.

The main reason I initially like (and bought) PocoMail is because it handles multiple accounts well and the filtering stuff is very versatile etc. (plus it's easy to view headers when necessary, and I can shut off HTML), but it turns out there's a whole bunch of other cool stuff in there too. It's not too often that one comes across stuff that turns out even better than originally thought :)

Thanks again for the responses and for a cool app,

Lara
Lara
New Arrival

Postby Eric » Sun May 06, 2007 7:56 am

Lara wrote:Thanks to all, for the replies - I appreciate it!
Our pleasure Lara. :wink:
Now I am happy both with PocoMail and with the community too :) By the way, I don't know how I missed the earlier question on this topic - I did in fact do a search, but somehow I missed it. Anyway I appreciate the courteous responses :)
No problem about not finding the previous one. It's not always easy to find something. :?
A side note, as I use PocoMail more and root around in the menus etc., I keep discovering more useful things that I hadn't noticed (or didn't quite understand what they did) at first - such as the "Privacy Sheet" which is a great idea.
And there's more to discover. You'll find out soon enough and if you've questions, look it up or if not found start a new topic.
We'll be happy to provide you the necessary information.

It's not too often that one comes across stuff that turns out even better than originally thought :)
Yep, and there's more to come.
Enjoy discovering the possibilities of Poco. :D
Eric

Return to General Discussion