[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Regarding recent problems with email downloads

Regarding recent problems with email downloads

Discussion not related specifically to one of the topics below

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Regarding recent problems with email downloads

Postby Slaven » Sun Sep 02, 2007 5:12 am

There has been an emerging problem in the last 1 to 2 days with PocoMail and Barca not able to complete email download due to errors during download. This has been caused by a bug in unknown Spam software leaving errors in the message header that PocoMail and Barca are seeing on retrieval.

We have isolated the problem and should have a fix ready for download by tomorrow; meanwhile, you can use View Mail on Server, or Online Folders to purge bad spam messages from your account.
Slaven Radic
Poco Systems Inc
Slaven
Poco Systems Inc

Postby Andreas » Sun Sep 02, 2007 5:56 am

Very good! Thanks in advance, Slaven.

By the way, View Mail on Server didn't work for me either. The reason was that I had activated SSL. Obviously, View Mail on Server doesn't work when SSL is activated.
Andreas
Poco Enthusiast

Postby desertgal » Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:09 am

Thanks, I will download the update as soon as it is available. I'm wondering though if this will also fix the problem with the program showing the wrong number of messages on the server? I went to the webmail & deleted all the Spam & reduced the number of messages from 70 to 33, but PM still shows the original message count.

Nancy
desertgal
Poco Tourist

Postby gert » Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:21 am

Thanks Slaven!
gert
Poco Tourist

Postby Tomas » Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:39 am

Andreas wrote:By the way, View Mail on Server didn't work for me either. The reason was that I had activated SSL. Obviously, View Mail on Server doesn't work when SSL is activated.

That's right, VMOS doesn't work with SSL. If I remember correctly, it's because it's an old technology (left for us oldtimers who are used to it), and online folders are the replacement.
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby traxx » Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:48 am

This was first reported on this forum in September 2006 why was it ignored then or do heaps of people have to have an issue before it is investigated?

I have wasted hours trying to fix this problem in the past few days.
traxx
New Arrival

Postby traxx » Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:09 am

further to my previous posting the "1899" date problem was reported on this forum in june 2006, sept 2006 and jun 2007.

I love Pocomail and have been using it for years but these types of issues are not addressed in a timely manner.

You can have the best email client in the business but if issues like this are ignored until the sky falls in, well it just isn't good enough.

Ok I've got it off my chest now...
traxx
New Arrival

Postby Slaven » Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:16 am

This is a different problem from the 1899 problem which was fixed several times, but came back in different form later on - some bugs may exhibit the same symptoms but are actually very different issues at play.
Slaven Radic
Poco Systems Inc
Slaven
Poco Systems Inc

Postby Slaven » Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:18 am

desertgal wrote:Thanks, I will download the update as soon as it is available. I'm wondering though if this will also fix the problem with the program showing the wrong number of messages on the server? I went to the webmail & deleted all the Spam & reduced the number of messages from 70 to 33, but PM still shows the original message count.

Nancy

This may be caused by this problem - error in downloading would trigger the download to stop, yet the counter wouldn't reflect the fact that messages were not removed from the server when the error happened.
Slaven Radic
Poco Systems Inc
Slaven
Poco Systems Inc

Re: Regarding recent problems with email downloads

Postby Gordon » Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:24 am

Where can I download the fix? Thanks.

Sorry, please ignore----I was looking at the wrong date on the message. Gordon

We have isolated the problem and should have a fix ready for download by tomorrow; meanwhile, you can use View Mail on Server, or Online Folders to purge bad spam messages from your account.[/quote]
Last edited by Gordon on Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gordon
Poco Tourist

Postby traxx » Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:27 am

Point taken, slavin
traxx
New Arrival

Postby Larry » Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:30 am

traxx wrote:This was first reported on this forum in September 2006 why was it ignored then or do heaps of people have to have an issue before it is investigated?

I have wasted hours trying to fix this problem in the past few days.

traxx,

I was one of those who had the 1899 problem and it was fixed - until this time. Since spammers aren't known to follow standards and change their methods frequently I don't think the developers can be blamed for this problem at this time.

I certainly don't blame you for your frustration though. I've spent hours trying different filters without success too. I'm glad Slaven is working on a fix.

Fighting spam at all levels is an on-going and frustrating problem.
Too bad blocking spam has fallen on software's shoulders when it's caused by greed. Greed of spammers and greed by those who want that extra good deal. "If it's too good to be true, it probably is." Wish people would learn that. With all the spam warnings you'd think people would know better by now.

</off soap box>

My 2cents.

Larry
Larry
Resident Poster

Postby Slaven » Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:11 pm

Larry, couldn't agree more about spammers!! :)
Slaven Radic
Poco Systems Inc
Slaven
Poco Systems Inc

Postby Slaven » Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:16 pm

The fix is up - since this has to be a quick update it uses build 3900 codebase so that we don't have to do a full beta test. These URLs will be moved to our regular download locations tomorrow, just to make sure the fix actually works:

PocoMail:
http://www.pocosystems.com/software/pocosetup-3910.exe

Barca:
http://www.pocosystems.com/software/barcasetup-3910.exe

Barca Pro:
http://www.pocosystems.com/software/bar ... p-3910.exe
Slaven Radic
Poco Systems Inc
Slaven
Poco Systems Inc

Postby Larry » Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:36 pm

Slaven wrote:The fix is up - since this has to be a quick update it uses build 3900 codebase so that we don't have to do a full beta test. These URLs will be moved to our regular download locations tomorrow, just to make sure the fix actually works:

PocoMail:
http://www.pocosystems.com/software/pocosetup-3910.exe

Barca:
http://www.pocosystems.com/software/barcasetup-3910.exe

Barca Pro:
http://www.pocosystems.com/software/bar ... p-3910.exe

Just downloaded 3 baddies (1899 dates according to the server) with build 3910. Downloaded and went to trash as per my filters for unknown senders.

Thanks, Slaven!
Larry
Resident Poster

Next

Return to General Discussion