[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Purchased too soon

Purchased too soon

Discussion not related specifically to one of the topics below

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Purchased too soon

Postby Fueler » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:05 am

Well nuts, Everything was working for the last few days and I paid to purchase.

Now ...I find out I can't do my normal routine of sending PDF invoices from another program to a POCO email because this program is not MAPI compliant.

Somebody is going to say it's a security issue. How bad can it be? I have done this for the last decade without a single issue.

What a Pity. Well...back to Eudora.

Dave
Fueler
Frequent Visitor

Re: Purchased too soon

Postby Eric » Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:32 am

Fueler wrote:Now ...I find out I can't do my normal routine of sending PDF invoices from another program to a POCO email because this program is not MAPI compliant.
Indeed Dave, Poco or Barca don't use MAPI. :?
Somebody is going to say it's a security issue. How bad can it be? I have done this for the last decade without a single issue.
It is and has been always a security issue. Maybe that will change in the next version, although I don't know anything about that version.
I won't go into a debate about whether it must be allowed or not, since that has been beaten to death in the past.
What a Pity. Well...back to Eudora.
Pity for sure, but stay in touch about new development.
Perhaps that version will give you what you want.

If you want a refund, just ask for it. :wink:

FYI: Moved your topic from PocoMail
Eric

Postby Fueler » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:19 am

Oh, I will hang on to it. Probably move it home for now. I was just hoping to keep on doing what seems normal and skip a couple of steps.

Which brings up a related thing. Is is really a mapi issue? I took a look at Eudora's options and Mapi was not turned on but the direct attaching of a pdf works fine. Windows clunky mail also works in this manner.

Oh well I have another question/issue I just discovered in this process. See the tech section.

Dave K.
Fueler
Frequent Visitor

Postby Eric » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:45 pm

Fueler wrote:Which brings up a related thing. Is is really a mapi issue? I took a look at Eudora's options and Mapi was not turned on but the direct attaching of a pdf works fine. Windows clunky mail also works in this manner.
Yes, Poco/Barca don't use it.
If you've a program to send a PDF to Barca directly through MAPI, then it won't work.
Selecting a PDF through Explorer works or attaching a PDF, but that's not the same. :)
Eric

Postby aderoy » Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:50 am

Can or does the application use the sendto method?

Menu:
File | Send To

If you place a shortcut from poco into the sendto folder it may work properly. I have used this method in the past.

Folder when running WinXP:

C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\SendTo

Food for thought.
aderoy
Frequent Visitor

Postby Eric » Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:09 am

aderoy wrote:Can or does the application use the sendto method?
It works with SendtoAny, so it will work with your method too. :)
Eric

Return to General Discussion