[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - PocoMail and Linux

PocoMail and Linux

Discussion not related specifically to one of the topics below

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

PocoMail and Linux

Postby ianw » Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:02 pm

I don't know if this is the correct place to post this, or if I should post it at all but it may be of interest.

Becoming fedup with Microsoft windows I decided to look at Linux, so 2 weeks ago I got a few distro ISO's to install in turn to see what goes on.

To sum up, I like Ubuntu's new release, 8.04.1, so I got a book on it and a few other things.
Then I heard of wine and Crossover, they are 2 programs that will allow some MSoft programs to run in Linux. Crossover is more stable than wine so I installed the demo of Crossover.

Pocomail is one of my favourite - and an essential - program in windows therefore it was the first one I tried in Crossover, after a few hiccups due to my great lack of knowledge of things Linux and making errors, I got it to work.
Yes, the "latest" version of PocoMail works in Linux in Crossover.
ianw

Postby Tomas » Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:48 am

Thanks for the report.
There were also reports of Pocomail and Barca running under Wine, and one other option is Parallels.
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby chrisretusn » Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:24 pm

I've successfully got PocoMail running under WINE in Slackware 12.1. Appearance wise it runs better in Windows, which I prefer so I have XP SP3 installed just for PocoMail. Functionality wise it works quite well in Linux.
Chris

PocoMail 4.8.0.4400 running in Slackware64 w/Wine
chrisretusn
Poco Enthusiast

Return to General Discussion