[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Suggestions for improvement

Suggestions for improvement

Discussion not related specifically to one of the topics below

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Suggestions for improvement

Postby Sooz » Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:56 pm

Two suggestions to improve Barca:

1) Have the option to set the Task colors under the calendar so you don't have to change them every time you create a task. For instance, I use red for today, yellow for this week, and green for the week after. I use the Task section a lot so not a small matter to me!

2) It sure would be nice to have the ability to print envelope addresses from the address book (but I understand that is a big new feature). Just had to download the freeware Kurlo email/address book for that printing function since most non-MS wordprocessors are difficult to use for such. Anyways, I'm having to retype contact info from Barca to Kurlo which is a pain, but not worth exporting the whole address book for just those few I want to send envelopes to. No use cluttering Kurlo up for just a specialized function.
Sooz
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Tomas » Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:43 pm

Both are on the wishlist already. I can't speak for developers, just from my understanding, envelope addresses are "outside of the target market" and as you say, not quite easy (unless there is some ready-made third party control for that that could be bought and used in Barca). First is quite popular feature request, so hopefully it's prioritized accordingly.
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

refinements to original suggestions

Postby Sooz » Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:22 am

Hi Tomas--

Two other refinements for both of my original suggestions:

1) When I go to change the task from "to do" to "call" it is always asking if I want to rewrite the default settings and I respond no. It is annoying to do that every time -- it would be nice to check a box to remember my answer.

2) I understand not adding the envelope printing option. Then my refinement would be to be able to export an address list in csv format, not the entire address book. Thanks, Sue
Sooz
Drop-in Visitor

Return to General Discussion