[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - MITG

MITG

Discussion not related specifically to one of the topics below

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

MITG

Postby blakelyg » Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:15 am

During the beta period it was mentioned that a decision on the viability and continuation of My Info To Go (Basically Barca on a stick :lol:) would be made after the release version. That was some months ago and now with Calypso (Rose City) mail issue behind as well, could someone from Pocosystems indicate whether MITG is dead (as far as development is concerned),whether it will be updated from 2.1 (Same versioning as Barca) to the current release (2.8) and the upgrade path (if that is necessary) for current MITG users.

G
blakelyg
Resident Poster

Re: MITG

Postby blakelyg » Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:36 am

blakelyg wrote:During the beta period it was mentioned that a decision on the viability and continuation of My Info To Go (Basically Barca on a stick :lol:) would be made after the release version. That was some months ago and now with Calypso (Rose City) mail issue behind as well, could someone from Pocosystems indicate whether MITG is dead (as far as development is concerned),whether it will be updated from 2.1 (Same versioning as Barca) to the current release (2.8) and the upgrade path (if that is necessary) for current MITG users.

G

Interesting that there has been no reply to this post. Even more interesting is that you can still purchase MITG for the same price as when it was originally released, even though it is now 2 versions behind.
I suspect that MITG is no longer in development but it seems to be somewhat disingenuous to still be selling the product if this is the case. Anxiously waiting for some.... any reply on this issue.

G
blakelyg
Resident Poster

Re: MITG

Postby Eric » Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:25 am

blakelyg wrote:Anxiously waiting for some.... any reply on this issue.
Only PSI can respond to that question.
Perhaps Tomas knows more about it.
I sure don't, sorry. ;)
Eric

Postby Tomas » Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:54 am

MITG will (with highest probability) see no more updates, and it will be removed from the website. It's clearly visible there that last update was 12 December 2006, so I think those who have concerns about future updates (many, but not everybody) can make a decision based on that.

MITG will not be discontinued in the right sense of the word, it will be replaced by Barca (Barca and MITG functionality be merged), and a fair upgrade path will be offered to MITG users.

(Though there is no schedule for that I'm sorry.)
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Return to General Discussion