[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Barca, Poco, MITG

Barca, Poco, MITG

Discussion not related specifically to one of the topics below

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Barca, Poco, MITG

Postby blakelyg » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:57 pm

I am looking for a few answers if possible. There has been no answers forthcoming on MITG and its viability. I have also raised issues about Multi-monitor support and there are several other issues (minor and some considered by certain people as major). I am still a staunch supporter of Pocosystems and just hope that maybe some sort of answers can be addressed:

1. What is the status of MITG (I will upgrade to Barca if necessary and can be be made portable, but do not feel that should have to be the route to take).
2. What about current issues that are raised in the forum (or via the support option), will they be addressed in another minor release (4.x) or will these and other issues wait until Poco/Barca 5.x (which would likely be the best approach to take).
3. If someone upgrades or purchases a new license of Poco/Barca, at what point will they be eligible for a free upgrade to Ver 5 (ie what time frames are we looking about) - upgrade pricing etc - due to my experience with MITG and recent Rose City affiliation.

I am not sure who can answer these questions, just hope that some useful comments are forthcoming.
blakelyg
Resident Poster

Re: Barca, Poco, MITG

Postby Tomas » Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:31 am

Hi, I'm sorry I wasn't present on the forums lately.

blakelyg wrote:1. What is the status of MITG (I will upgrade to Barca if necessary and can be be made portable, but do not feel that should have to be the route to take).

As it is right now, MITG will not see updates, instead Barca will get better portability support.

I might be wrong but my feeling is that MITG's primary reason was the support for U3 platform, U3 was an interesting concept when it started, but it's not interesting anymore (IMHO it doesn't have any bright future). And that's part of that decision.

2. What about current issues that are raised in the forum (or via the support option), will they be addressed in another minor release (4.x) or will these and other issues wait until Poco/Barca 5.x (which would likely be the best approach to take).

From what Slaven told me I believe it's quite probable there will be one more update to Pocomail 4, but I can't promise that nor what will be part of that update if it will happen, I'm sorry.
What will for sure have to wait for 5.0 are the major issues (foreign encodings, better html, ...).

3. If someone upgrades or purchases a new license of Poco/Barca, at what point will they be eligible for a free upgrade to Ver 5 (ie what time frames are we looking about) - upgrade pricing etc - due to my experience with MITG and recent Rose City affiliation.

The decision is always being made around the release date, there is no consistent policy. The free upgrade was usually set few months back, 3-6 ??, in the past, I'm not completely sure on exact details. The problem here is that we don't know when Pocomail 5 might be released.
I'd advise not to purchase right now, if current version doesn't fulfill your criteria. If financial matters are your only concern, please contact support (Help > Email support) and I'll try to suggest some possibilities for you.
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Re: Barca, Poco, MITG

Postby blakelyg » Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:04 am

Tomas wrote:Hi, I'm sorry I wasn't present on the forums lately.

As it is right now, MITG will not see updates, instead Barca will get better portability support.

I might be wrong but my feeling is that MITG's primary reason was the support for U3 platform, U3 was an interesting concept when it started, but it's not interesting anymore (IMHO it doesn't have any bright future). And that's part of that decision.

From what Slaven told me I believe it's quite probable there will be one more update to Pocomail 4, but I can't promise that nor what will be part of that update if it will happen, I'm sorry.
What will for sure have to wait for 5.0 are the major issues (foreign encodings, better html, ...).

The decision is always being made around the release date, there is no consistent policy. The free upgrade was usually set few months back, 3-6 ??, in the past, I'm not completely sure on exact details. The problem here is that we don't know when Pocomail 5 might be released.
I'd advise not to purchase right now, if current version doesn't fulfill your criteria. If financial matters are your only concern, please contact support (Help > Email support) and I'll try to suggest some possibilities for you.

Welcome back to the forums and thanks for the update. I am sure that this information will be forthcoming in the future.

G
blakelyg
Resident Poster

Return to General Discussion