[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - New spammer?

New spammer?

Discussion not related specifically to one of the topics below

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

New spammer?

Postby Penintel56 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:26 pm

Hello everybody!
Got the same problem this morning!
But it was a nice message stating that I "was so attractive"! Could not be anything but a blind or short-sighted spammer. The sender was referred to as "Curiouss_Girl" ... What a program!
I suppose the only way is to change our loging codes, or is it not?
All the best to you all!
Pierre
Pierre
Penintel56
Poco Tourist

Re: New spammer?

Postby Eric » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:38 am

Hi Pierre,
Penintel56 wrote:Hello everybody!
Got the same problem this morning!
But it was a nice message stating that I "was so attractive"! Could not be anything but a blind or short-sighted spammer. The sender was referred to as "Curiouss_Girl" ... What a program!
Already discussed at Poco support cracked? :D
Account deleted.
I suppose the only way is to change our loging codes, or is it not?
Nope, that won't help a bit. :?
Although it never hurts to change your login, just as a security measure. Choose a secure login.
Mine are 16 characters long, but it has nothing to do with me. :lol:

Unfortunately these spammers can't be stopped automatically at present, so it remains manual work for admins/moderators. Just be careful and don't click on any links in those PM's or when posted on the board.
All the best to you all!
Same to you. Have a nice weekend Pierre. ;)
Eric

That's it!

Postby Penintel56 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:15 am

Hello Eric!
Yes that was the same propblem discussed, but I did not post at the correct place, sorry!
I understand there is not much to do, but fire at will on said spammer!!!
Anyway, it is not a very serious problem, just a bit irritatiing at times!
Thanks again and all the best!
Pierre
Pierre
Penintel56
Poco Tourist

Postby MonBidoux » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:19 am

Yup, happened to me too!

Could an option for RSS feed to topics could be a temporary / long-term alternative?
MonBidoux
Poco Enthusiast

Return to General Discussion