[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - What's Happened to Technical Support?

What's Happened to Technical Support?

Discussion not related specifically to one of the topics below

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Postby Flashfox » Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:12 pm

3trac wrote:Thanks for that Fueler.

I have now removed AVG and loaded Microsoft Security Essentials instead. A nice piece of software and free. <snip>
:wink:

I will also remove AVG and see if the "error 6" problem goes away. I'll report back.
Flashfox

Postby Flashfox » Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:31 am

Well... first, I fired-up Wireshark to try to see what was happening when I get the "socket error 6" message in Barca. When this error occurs, Wireshark logs no on-line activity.

I then opened AVG 2011 Internet Security suite and shutdown each area separately and told Barca to get mail each time. Same error 6.

I then removed AVG, rebooted and waited to see if the socket error 6 message would pop up again, and it did (a few days without any AV or FW). The socket error 6 popped up after a couple of days and remained until I closed Barca and and restarted it.

I then reinstalled AVG 2011 suite (which I like) as the test was inconclusive.

So it seems like in my case, AVG is not the culprit and that when the error 6 condition is logged, Barca doesn't try to access mail as witnessed by Wireshark.

Looks like I will need to keep on trying to see why this is happening. (sigh)
Flashfox

Previous

Return to General Discussion