[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Spam Killer

Spam Killer

General email topics, from anti-virus and anti-spam software to webmail and ISPs

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Spam Killer

Postby ankupan » Sun Oct 17, 2004 6:28 pm

Hi,
I am using PocoPE and getting too much SPAM.
Is there any good spam kiiling software which can work with PE on my USB around the world.

Edit: Moved to Email Hall by Eric
ankupan
Resident Poster

Postby COD » Mon Oct 18, 2004 7:48 am

I would think your best option is to find an email service provider that filters at the server level. I think most ISP's now filter with SpamAsassain at a minimum. You might want to check and see if that is a feature you could get from your current provider.
COD
Resident Poster

Better Late than Never

Postby sBmoNSrb9VXQ » Sun Mar 05, 2006 6:08 am

I recommend Vanquish, Inc. I get zero spam and never lose a message because it's not a filter based system.

Forward all your mail to them with spam included. If an address will not forward, Vanquish can go get it.

This is the future. I used it for one day and then invested in company. They are about to surface.

http://www.vanquish.com/products/produc ... spam.shtml
Steve
sBmoNSrb9VXQ
Drop-in Visitor

Postby shreksbro » Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:53 am

So how have your shares gone in the last 12 months there sBmoNSrb9VXQ?

Has the revolution happened?

I just went to check out the link based on your 'glowing' recommendation and left the site thinking they were an absolute pack of morons.

There is NO information on the site (that I could find) about the actual methodology employed. I would have thought that this should be number 1 on the list, to explain how your product works. Plenty of carp about how brilliant it is and what 'features' it offers, but I want to know exactly what it plans to do with my email and what the side effects might be.

My best guess is that it works like most other web-based spam filters, in other words if the sender isn't specifically blocked or allowed then it applies a few filters before asking the sender to confirm themselves. I run a business, I don't want to make potential customers jump through hoops so I'd say the product is next to useless to me. But I'm just guessing of course, hard facts are scarce on the site.

There's a forum that invites comments though, great - so I go through the sign-up process only to be told I have to CALL the United States and LEAVE A MESSAGE with my registered user name before the forum admin will complete my registration! What the?!

What a total load of BS! Obviously incompetence and arrogance run strong at 'Vanquish' so I don't think I'll be inconveniencing myself for 15 days by entrusting my email to them, on the basis that their product MIGHT suit my requirements without adversely affecting my business.

Don't think I'll be 'investing in the company' either :wink:
shreksbro
Drop-in Visitor

Return to Email Hall