[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Use of Symbols in IMAP passwords

Use of Symbols in IMAP passwords

General email topics, from anti-virus and anti-spam software to webmail and ISPs

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Use of Symbols in IMAP passwords

Postby dagwinn » Sat Oct 30, 2004 12:07 pm

Granted, I've only had the demo version of Barca installed for a couple of hours, but this was a potential deal breaker. I want to replace Outlook, but I've got to be able to access my e-mail.

One of my IMAP accounts simply would not log into the server. Every attempt to do so resulted in an error message notifiying me that there was a "Missing or invalid argument to LOGIN".

Here's the thing. The login worked fine if I set the account to POP. It just wouldn't work at all if I tried to do it as IMAP.

I've determined that the problem was related to my password. I changed it to be solely alphanumeric, and all is "well" with the server.

However, is there any reason why characters wouldn't work as the password just for IMAP? I have a habit of mixing my passwords beyond letters and numbers.

(Now the only thing missing is Palm syncing, and, apparently, that's also on the way.)
dagwinn
New Arrival

Return to Email Hall