[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - How To "Integrate Norton AntiSpam with Poco Mail 3.2

How To "Integrate Norton AntiSpam with Poco Mail 3.2

General email topics, from anti-virus and anti-spam software to webmail and ISPs

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

How To "Integrate Norton AntiSpam with Poco Mail 3.2

Postby wstaylor » Wed Feb 09, 2005 4:10 pm

I realize that Norton Anti-Anything isn't spoken here by some of the moderators. Well, I've got a problem in that I work for one of the NASA Center Engineering Directorates and they have site licenses for Symantec products and we (employee's and or contractors) are allowed to install on home systems. So for me compatability is an issue.

That being said, my question concerns the extent of integration with PocoMail 3.2 I can achieve with Norton? All my incoming and
outgoing mail is processed by NA-S but I don't seem to be able to get NA-S to read my Address book to establish a default "non-spam
list" It has excellent integration with Outlook and outlook express.
I'm wondering if we can work something here by way of tighter integration.

Any thoughts ? :roll:
wstaylor
New Arrival

Postby Eric » Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:07 pm

Hi wstaylor & welcome back to Poco Forums. :D
wstaylor wrote:I realize that Norton Anti-Anything isn't spoken here by some of the moderators.
That's true. As a previous NIS owner I really don't want anything from Norton on my system, but I'm not alone on this.
There's a really very very long topic at Wilders Security why most people don't want Norton antivirus anymore.

That being said, my question concerns the extent of integration with PocoMail 3.2 I can achieve with Norton? All my incoming and outgoing mail is processed by NA-S but I don't seem to be able to get NA-S to read my Address book to establish a default "non-spam list". It has excellent integration with Outlook and outlook express.
I think it integrates with Outlook and OE Address books maybe because it uses MAPI, which Poco/Barca doesn't use.
Have a look at this previous topic. There's a link to the manual.

If it isn't mentionned in the manual you can ask Symantec for 'support'.

I hope this helps. :wink:

Topic moved to Email Hall
Eric

Reply to "Re:" on Norton Anti-Spam integration wit

Postby wstaylor » Thu Feb 10, 2005 3:18 am

Eric,

Apreciated your greeting and quick reply to my posted question. I did try to locate information on this topic via the search utility. I did get some good info but missed the one's you just cited. I was glad to pick the Anti-Spam manual, too.

After I sent the post an idea occured to me as a "work around." Since NAS only allows the user to select Outlook and/or Outlook Express I exported my Poco Address List to LDIF which I was alble to import in Outlook Express. That allowed me to get my Adresses into NAS with out having to Add them one-by-one. All one has to do is go into the "Options" in NAS and under the "Allowed List" and select the "Import Address Book" button. NAS then finds all the Poco Adresses previously "imported."

I will at some other time sniff out the extended references you also cited. For now I'm glad just to reduced the effort required to get the most out of NAS.

Thanks also to Jim who weighed in on this topic. I do not doubt that users may have had problems with Norton products. So far
I't worked well for me.

w. scott taylor
wstaylor
New Arrival

Return to Email Hall