[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Kaspersky AV for Windows Workstations -Scanner Setup

Kaspersky AV for Windows Workstations -Scanner Setup

General email topics, from anti-virus and anti-spam software to webmail and ISPs

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Kaspersky AV for Windows Workstations -Scanner Setup

Postby rabmail » Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:26 am

Does anyone know the correct setup for the Virus Scanner in Poco with KAV 5 for Workstations.

Previously it was,

Virus scanner: "C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Workstation\Avp32.exe"
Command line:"C:\Program Files\Pocomail\Attach\*.*"

Now Avp32.exe does not seem to exist.

Dick
rabmail

Postby jaxgtr » Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:57 am

I know I read somewhere in the Forum a thread on KAV 5, problems with WindowXP sp2 and not being compatible with PocoMail.

However I did not find the exact thread, but I did find this: http://pocosystems.com/forum/viewtopic. ... persky+5+0

It might get you to the right spot.

Brian
jaxgtr
Poco Enthusiast

Postby Eric » Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:45 am

Maybe not important, but with my version of KAV Personal 5.0 I don't have to setup anything at all.
All incoming/outgoing mail is scanned because I can see it in the headers.
It shows X-Kaspersky: Checked. :)

Topic moved to Email Hall
Eric

Postby rabmail » Mon Feb 28, 2005 1:05 pm

Eric wrote:Maybe not important, but with my version of KAV Personal 5.0 I don't have to setup anything at all.
All incoming/outgoing mail is scanned because I can see it in the headers.
It shows X-Kaspersky: Checked. :)

Eric, firstly my apologies for posting in the wrong forum, and thank you for correcting my mistake.

Regarding KAV 5, yes it does scan everything coming in through POP 3 so it should be OK. I was just wondering if it needed the additional scanner. I presume any attached files would be scanned as they were written to disk.

Dick
rabmail

Postby rabmail » Mon Feb 28, 2005 1:18 pm

jaxgtr wrote:I know I read somewhere in the Forum a thread on KAV 5, problems with WindowXP sp2 and not being compatible with PocoMail. Brian

I am not having any compatability problems with KAV 5 and XP SP2 and PocoMail. Everything is running smoothly.

I was just curious if I need to add a file scanner as required in earlier versions of KAV. Eric confirms this is not required.

Dick
rabmail

Postby Eric » Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:04 pm

rabmail wrote:Eric, firstly my apologies for posting in the wrong forum, and thank you for correcting my mistake.
No problem Dick, it happens. :wink:
I was just curious if I need to add a file scanner as required in earlier versions of KAV. Eric confirms this is not required.
So it's the same as my version, because it doesn't need any configuration at all. Not like version 4.5.
Glad you found it. :)
Eric

Return to Email Hall