[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - An alternative way of filtering Spam before Barca/Pocomail

An alternative way of filtering Spam before Barca/Pocomail

General email topics, from anti-virus and anti-spam software to webmail and ISPs

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

An alternative way of filtering Spam before Barca/Pocomail

Postby Orion » Tue May 23, 2006 12:04 am

This may not suite everyone and is a bit of an odd way of filtering spam.

I generally find Barcas spamfilter not very good. I used the DNSBL script and K9 and that worked OK, K9 has no development going though. SpamFU seems OK but never really tried it out.

Now I also use a gmail-account for some purposes and found that Googles spamfilter is very close to 100 accurate. Hmmm.

So I opened a "dummy" gmail-account, forward all my mail from my regular account to this gmail. Enable POP-access and download from gmail. Voila! Not one spam since. I uninstalled K9 and disabled DNSBL.

Once a week or so I log into the web gmail to check that not some Ham got stuck, has happened once or twice.

Cheers,
Orion - happy "no spam in my inbox" these days :D

~ Moved to Email Hall - It has nothing to do with Poco/Barca's JF filtering ~
Orion
Poco Tourist

Return to Email Hall