[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Vista RC2 build 5744 & Pocomail 4

Vista RC2 build 5744 & Pocomail 4

General email topics, from anti-virus and anti-spam software to webmail and ISPs

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Vista RC2 build 5744 & Pocomail 4

Postby lumpy » Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:13 pm

first, PocoMail is the greatest, the bestest (what a word that is), email program of all time in MY opinion, it does everything I ask of it and what I want it to do.

I'm on V4.

A quick flashback, with Vista RC1 I got Pocomail to work.

In RC2 it hangs when downloading my emails, at 55%, 80% or whatever.
What I do is I have all the files of a Pocomail installation backed up, what I'm really doing is saving my settings but I just save the lot.

On a new install I just copy the lot over to the new install and off it goes, never had a problem with this.

This morning after a little thinking about it, I went into the program to uninstall Pocomail but it's not listed there. So I just deleted it and ran CCleaner when it found a few registry entries, I backed them up first then removed them.

I restarted then re-installed Pocomail.
This time I just carried over the folders into it and ran the program and adjusted the settings as required. The only thing I did was also import my accounts.ini file.

Still hangs, so I went through all else I could find with no joy. Still hung.
Finally I carried over all the files again with no joy.

I can send emails OK.

So now it's either that monstrosity of a heap of junk program Windows Mail or, as I am dual booting with XP, I'll go into XP for my emails, it's not difficult to do is that.
Best Regards
Lumpy
lumpy
Poco Tourist

Postby Eric » Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:34 am

Vista is still in Beta, so I guess PSI needs to adjust some code to make it work with this OS too on release.

Poco isn't the only software having problems with Vista.
A lot of software doesn't work with it or works a bit. :?
-> Windows Vista RC 2 Software Compatibility List

Thanks however for the info. :wink:
Eric

Postby lumpy » Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:47 am

That's correct Eric, I just posted it for anyone interested.

There's a very good program I have, Directory Opus, I can only get it to work by first installing V6 of it, then the latest V8.

NOD32 antivirus can be made to work with a little work, for anyone interested it's in the NOD32 forum.
Best Regards
Lumpy
lumpy
Poco Tourist

Postby Eric » Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:27 am

lumpy wrote:NOD32 antivirus can be made to work with a little work, for anyone interested it's in the NOD32 forum.
I've seen it, although it doesn't work for everyone, as reported in that topic over at Wilders. :?

Better move this topic to Email Hall, since it's not about Poco directly. :wink:
Eric

Return to Email Hall