[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - What's the best/compatible WebMail?!

What's the best/compatible WebMail?!

General email topics, from anti-virus and anti-spam software to webmail and ISPs

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

What's the best/compatible WebMail?!

Postby D.Rock » Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:00 am

Hi, I'm testing Barca and I appreciate this Soft, but I have some problems using my
current Email account (Inbox.com). Short email, downloads messages works fine, but large
messages...failed. I test (the same message) in other account and I have no problems! Other
problem in Inbox.com is...failed to View Mail On Server , before download the message.

But the question is: What's the best/compatible WebMail (with POP3/SMTP, large storage,
option to view mail on server before download the message, etc...and free) to
works perfectly with Barca?!

Thanks.

PS: Sorry about my poor English.
D.Rock
New Arrival

Postby Eric » Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:38 am

Hi D.Rock & welcome to Poco Forums, :D
D.Rock wrote:But the question is: What's the best/compatible WebMail (with POP3/SMTP, large storage, option to view mail on server before download the message, etc...and free) to works perfectly with Barca?!
Not many who remain free, but do try FastMail.
Maybe it's not enough storage for you. :?

Perhaps others can join in to give you some suggestions or you could send me a PM with your email addres, so I can invite you to a Gmail account.
PS: Sorry about my poor English.
No problem here. :wink:

p.s.: Moved your topic here.
Eric

Postby D.Rock » Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:23 pm

Thanks for reply Eric.

FastMail Free account is only 10MB storage, and not POP3/SMTP :(

I have a email in Gmail service but my problem is: SPAM! Average: 50 Spam for day! Sometimes normal/valid emails are classified as spam.
I haven't patience to verify my emails all days in Webmail.

But I continue to search a good webmail for use perfectly in Barca.

Thanks
D.Rock
New Arrival

Postby Eric » Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:17 am

You're welcome D.Rock. :wink:
Pity there aren't many free webmail available for POP3.

As for Gmail I do receive some spam messages, but they are filtered to Junk.
In the past I didn't receive any.

Guess someone posted my email address somewhere or it got stolen from someone's computer. :evil:

Hope you'll find what you're looking for. :wink:
Eric

Postby Tomas » Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:09 pm

I had no problems with Gmail either (except it occasionally tags fine messages as spam), in fact I heard from people who reported it as a very effective measure to combat spam.

You are not native English speaker, did you try providers in your country? Where I live we have at least two almost perfect email providers, but they don't offer English language interface, only local one :(.
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby MonBidoux » Thu Nov 23, 2006 1:43 pm

Bluebottle.com offer a pretty hefty amount of room to breath with their basic free account and they have been pretty reliable over the last year.
MonBidoux
Poco Enthusiast

Postby blakelyg » Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:41 pm

Eric wrote:You're welcome D.Rock. :wink:
Pity there aren't many free webmail available for POP3.

As for Gmail I do receive some spam messages, but they are filtered to Junk.

There is inbox.com. Very similar to gmail (uses stars), and yahoo web mail. Also has a web 2.0 portal. Calendar contacts news etc. Best of all 5GB of space (can save files as well) and access through Pocomail client (Pop3).
blakelyg
Resident Poster

Postby Tomas » Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:54 am

blakelyg wrote:There is inbox.com. Very similar to gmail (uses stars), and yahoo web mail. Also has a web 2.0 portal. Calendar contacts news etc. Best of all 5GB of space (can save files as well) and access through Pocomail client (Pop3).

Inbox.com is the one that didn't work for D.Rock, particularly with big messages.

D.Rock, did you find something that works for you? Btw. did you try playing with Options/Advanced/Network Settings? Particularly increasing the seconds until online operations time out, and perhaps decreasing the maximum number of accounts to check.
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby D.Rock » Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:29 pm

Hi guys, sorry about the delay in answering.

I still didn't get to find any webmail completely compatible, free, etc...

Tomas, yes, I try to configurate "a lot" of configurations in Barca, but not success for me. And, I have only two accounts to check.

In the moment I'm using Outlook Express :( , we will see if of here to the some time Inbox.com, it improves their services.

Thanks for the answers.

Regards.
D.Rock
New Arrival

Return to Email Hall