[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Cleaning an hijacked computer

Cleaning an hijacked computer

General email topics, from anti-virus and anti-spam software to webmail and ISPs

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Cleaning an hijacked computer

Postby pinari » Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:49 pm

How do I delete Personal Antivirus from my computer? All of a sudden this "Personal Antivirus" stuff keeps coming up on my desktop and it won't go away. I tried downloading a spyware thing to get rid of it but that didn't help. It won't allow me to view any web pages and keeps popping up alerts that tell me I have a virus. I have windows vista. Does anybody know how to delete this program quickly and free?
Last edited by pinari on Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pinari
New Arrival

Postby Eric » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:34 pm

Hi pinari & welcome to Poco Forums, :D
pinari wrote:How do I delete Personal Antivirus from my computer? All of a sudden this "Personal Antivirus" stuff keeps coming up on my desktop and it won't go away. I tried downloading a spyware thing to get rid of it but that didn't help. It won't allow me to view any web pages and keeps popping up alerts that tell me I have a virus. I have windows vista. Does anybody know how to delete this program quickly and free?
:idea: Best would be to post an hijackthis log at one of the dedicated forums, like SpywareInfo, Bleeping Computer, Gladiator Security, Malware Removal or WhattheTech (formerly TomCoyote).

Choose only one forum to post your hijackthis log and read the instructions carefully before posting your log.

One of the dedicated spyware warriors will help you to clean your computer, as well as giving you tips to prevent further infection in the future.

This service is completely free although you may always donate. :)

Good luck with it. ;)
Eric

Return to Email Hall