[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Gmail Invites

Gmail Invites

General email topics, from anti-virus and anti-spam software to webmail and ISPs

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Gmail Invites

Postby geekboy2000 » Wed Sep 15, 2004 2:29 pm

Lately, Gmail has been generous with the invites, and I've got more than I need (for "real life" friends, etc). If anyone's interested in getting a gmail account invite, send me an e-mail to:

geek4ever(AT)gmail(DOT)com

I'll do what I can to send out as many as I can, first come first served. Not all invites may originate from that account, but let me know there if you want one.

Mark
geekboy2000
Resident Poster

More Gmail invites

Postby Eric » Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:04 pm

I too have some invites to give away.
Interested? Send me an email to:

elwyndar(AT)gmail(DOT)com

First come, first served. :lol:

Edit: Received some more.
Last edited by Eric on Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Eric

Postby speerga » Sun Oct 03, 2004 7:09 am

This sorta cracks me up! :lol:

A month or two ago, when I was looking for a gmail invite, I was like everybody else: You couldn't find gmail invites ANYWHERE.

Now I've got gmail, you two have got gmail -- and we all have tons of gmail invites that few people seem to want. I post regularly on two or three other tech and non-tech forums -- and there seem to be gmail invites all over the place.

Gary Speer, who's become dependent on gmail, too!

P.S. For what it's worth: I use freepops to download gmail via Pocomail, and leave all of it on the server so that I'll have the archive features and permanent email that gmail.com gives me.
speerga
Resident Poster

Postby dribnus » Sun Oct 03, 2004 7:53 am

If anyone still has these invites available, I would like to try it out. I've heard good things about it.
Thanx.
Please either PM me, or send it to dribnus at dribnus dot com
dribnus
Poco Enthusiast

Postby geekboy2000 » Mon Oct 04, 2004 1:32 pm

speerga wrote:This sorta cracks me up! :lol:

A month or two ago, when I was looking for a gmail invite, I was like everybody else: You couldn't find gmail invites ANYWHERE.

Now I've got gmail, you two have got gmail -- and we all have tons of gmail invites that few people seem to want. I post regularly on two or three other tech and non-tech forums -- and there seem to be gmail invites all over the place.

Gary Speer, who's become dependent on gmail, too!

P.S. For what it's worth: I use freepops to download gmail via Pocomail, and leave all of it on the server so that I'll have the archive features and permanent email that gmail.com gives me.

You're right. After a dry spell, it seemed Google piled the invites on heavy. In fact, as soon as I gave them out, I was re-stocked! :)

As for POP'ing Gmail, yes, personally I find psGmail to be a great app. After awhile though, I found that I actually liked the Gmail interface enough to use it, and now use Mail Notifier just for checking purposes. As for archival, yes, Gmail's hard to beat.
geekboy2000
Resident Poster

Postby geekboy2000 » Mon Oct 04, 2004 1:33 pm

dribnus wrote:If anyone still has these invites available, I would like to try it out. I've heard good things about it.
Thanx.
Please either PM me, or send it to dribnus at dribnus dot com

You may or may not already have one, but I'll send one your way.
geekboy2000
Resident Poster

Postby blakelyg » Mon Oct 04, 2004 10:10 pm

If he does have one I wouldn't mind an invite myself :D (If u still have some available).

Either PM me or send to blakelyg_2003 at yahoo.ca

Thanks

G
blakelyg
Resident Poster

Postby geekboy2000 » Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:43 pm

blakelyg wrote:

If he does have one I wouldn't mind an invite myself :D (If u still have some available).

Thanks

G

It's on it's way.
geekboy2000
Resident Poster

Postby speerga » Tue Oct 05, 2004 11:14 am

New Gmail feature just started today: Mail forwarding!

Now, you don't even need the freepops or other stuff to POP gmail into Pocomail. I just set up a new email account on one of my domains with a name similar to my gmail account, so that I'd remember it.

Then I went to my gmail account in Pocomail, changed the address to the new account on my domain. I went back into my browser to gmail -- put the new domain address into the forward box in "settings" and all works without freepops.

Best part of this gmail feature: You can 1) have gmail put the forwarded mail into your gmail inbox; 2) have gmail automatically archive that copy of the forwarded email; or, 3) have gmail automatically put that copy of the forwarded email into the trash in your gmail account.

Nifty ideas, I think. :lol:

Gary Speer
speerga
Resident Poster

Postby Eric » Tue Oct 05, 2004 11:23 am

speerga wrote:New Gmail feature just started today: Mail forwarding!
Nifty ideas, I think. :lol:

Automatic forwarding to another email account
We're testing a new feature that lets you forward new incoming messages to any email account you want. It's free during the test and you can set it up in seconds. Even set up filters to forward only some of your messages.
Free, but for how long? :roll:
Eric

Postby speerga » Tue Oct 05, 2004 11:59 am

Eric wrote:Free, but for how long? :roll:

Ah, well. So I WILL keep freepops around until we see what happens about that, eh? :D

Gary Speer
speerga
Resident Poster

Postby blakelyg » Tue Oct 05, 2004 11:22 pm

geekboy2000 wrote:
blakelyg wrote:

Thanks

G

It's on it's way.

Thanks
blakelyg
Resident Poster

Postby Zeep » Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:43 am

Hi :D

Thats really clever, google! I've been invited a few days ago (thanks again!) and now im getting invitations myself (6 right now... and: no, dont ask me now, ill serve my friends first, but maybe later!)

I'm sure google won't ever need to open gmail to the "public", because in a few months everyone on this planet will have an invite from a friend/relative and google can track relations all over the world ;)

Z.
Zeep
Drop-in Visitor

Postby SFCurley » Mon Oct 11, 2004 5:29 am

Clever GMail application idea I read about this am. Not exactly an email topic, but thought those who have GMail might find it interesting.

But a new experimental application created by developer Bjarke Viksoe allows users to create a virtual drive that connects into the GMail servers, allowing the storage of hundreds of mp3s. With a simple drag-n-drop, multiple files can be stored using a Windows Explorer interface. That service, called "GMail Drive", could theoretically lead to a proliferation of accounts designed only for trading files, with file-swappers enjoying the anonymity and privacy afforded email users.

Here's the link . . .

http://www.viksoe.dk/code/gmail.htm
SFCurley

Postby dribnus » Mon Oct 11, 2004 7:34 am

Works great...
dribnus
Poco Enthusiast

Next

Return to Email Hall