[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Spam filtering app that works well with Pocomail?

Spam filtering app that works well with Pocomail?

General email topics, from anti-virus and anti-spam software to webmail and ISPs

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Postby speerga » Sun Oct 24, 2004 11:17 am

tribble wrote:I'd like to try a simple experiment. Could I send you guys my spam and good corpus, replace your own and see if the results improve (or vice versa as I receive, on average, 300 spam messages a day).

I reset my results for each beta and final release and within a day or two am right back to >98%.

I have >56K junk words and >18K good words in my corpi, with 98.83% accuracy today.

Hey, tribble. If you're still interested in trying this little experiment, I'd be willing to give it a shot.

How would we do that? I would hate to replace my spam/good corpi (corpuses?) with yours and not be able to swap back. Afraid you'd have to walk me through what to do if we tried it?

For the record: By creating two non-Bayesian filters, I now have 99 percent accuracy. But any email that isn't caught by those two filters simply isn't caught by the Bayesian filter. It lands in my inbox and I use the spam icon to label it as spam and move it to my junk mailbox. Yet it seems to have no impact later on actually training the Bayesian filter. When I turn off the Bayesian filter altogether, the two non-Bayesian filters do about the same amount of filtering.

In other words, I honestly think the Bayesian filter is having almost NO impact on my Junk mail, even with spam/good corpi of 39,000+ spam and 34,000+ good.

Gary Speer
speerga
Resident Poster

Postby Hogyt » Sun Oct 24, 2004 12:08 pm

As an alternative to trying someone elses files on your computer then maybe you could send one of us your DBSpam.ini, DBGood.ini, poco.ini, filters.ini and events.ini files to try on our systems for a day? That would give us the chance to make sure your filters are set up correctly as well as checking your corpus. I don't think theres anything personal in those files (account info is in accounts.ini) but it's up to you.
Mat
Hogyt
Poco Enthusiast

Postby tribble » Sun Oct 24, 2004 4:42 pm

Gary,

The process to replace our respective files should be easy.
1) Exit from PocoMail (or Barca)
2) Copy, move or rename your DBGood.ini and DBSpam.ini files.
These files are typically located in:C:\Program Files\Poco(or similar)\Mail directory

Put mine in place.

Restart Poco (or Barca). Adjust your filters so the BF is the first in the list (drap and drop).

Reset your statistics.

I'll also give you what my BF related settings are for comparison).
I don't think I can post the whole corpi in this forum so I'll need an email address (send me a PM).
tribble
Poco Enthusiast

Postby StevieW » Wed Oct 27, 2004 1:25 am

I too use Mailwasher all the time as it downloads just the headers and therefore gives better virus protection. Also, it is so easy to put a tick in a box to blacklist e-mail or set friends.

Works well with Barca and Pocomail
StevieW
Poco Tourist

Postby WildLily » Sun Mar 27, 2005 11:43 pm

I am using G-Lock SpamCombat and happy with it. It works independently of any email client and deletes spam directly from the server. You can use the whitelist, blacklist as well as train the Bayesian filter. Now I don't even see spam in my Inbox.
WildLily
New Arrival

Previous

Return to Email Hall