[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - %file% question

%file% question

Discussion on Bayesian and standard junk mail filters

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin, Michael

%file% question

Postby SFCurley » Thu Jul 29, 2004 9:10 am

I have a text file called "#news.txt" and use the undocumented (?) poco feature "if Subject contains %file%:"#news.txt" then move to my "To Read" mailbox. Nice feature.

if the #news.txt file contains, say, one line:
this.com

If I get a junk email that has the subject "hi", this seems to match the "hi" in this. i.e., the test goes, "if the entire subject line matches any string (whole line string or partial line string) in the #news.txt file, then a match occurs."

I would like it if it matched only if the target text matched a whole line string, not a partial line string.

Question:
1. is there any way to make this happen?
2. anybody else agree or disagree?

Thanks.
SFCurley

Postby Pete » Thu Jul 29, 2004 4:57 pm

I don't think that there's anyway to make the %file% CVT work the way that you want. Not only does this construction always do partial matches, but it does partial matches in both directions!

So the condition will be true if the complete subject matches any substring in the file and the condition will also be true if any complete line in the file matches any substring of the subject.

I posted a more complete examination of this in the old forums that you can read as soon as PSI restores them for us (hint hint). :)
Pete

Postby SFCurley » Fri Jul 30, 2004 2:06 am

Thanks, Pete.
SFCurley

Return to Junk Mail Filtering Help and How-To