[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - difference between these junk classifications?

difference between these junk classifications?

Discussion on Bayesian and standard junk mail filters

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin, Michael

difference between these junk classifications?

Postby janrif » Wed Nov 24, 2004 3:21 am

declassify as junk
mark as good

After reading help file, they appeared to be the same to me but I'm sure I'm missing something.

TIA
janrif
Ridgefield, CT USA
w2k-sp4
janrif
Resident Poster

Re: difference between these junk classifications?

Postby speerga » Thu Nov 25, 2004 11:39 am

janrif wrote:declassify as junk
mark as good

After reading help file, they appeared to be the same to me but I'm sure I'm missing something.

TIA

I've had this same question myself. Are they the same? If not, what's the difference? Anybody know? Care to comment? :D

Thanks,

Gary Speer
speerga
Resident Poster

Postby Hogyt » Mon Nov 29, 2004 4:50 am

If they're for Bayes then declassify as junk will probably remove data from the DBSpam.ini file (unlearning the message as junk) whereas mark as good will probably add to the DBGood.ini file (learning the message as good). Or maybe it means something completely different :wink:
Mat
Hogyt
Poco Enthusiast

Postby dribnus » Mon Nov 29, 2004 7:50 am

I have wondered about this too. In addition, there are times when I get a 'good' email, that goes to 'junk'. That would be ok if PM would allow me to change it to 'good'. But I clicked on the 'good' button about 100 times, and still didn't change it to good. Anyone else experiance this? You may ask why I clicked 100 times, well I have noticed that when I want to classify something as 'junk', sometimes it takes 10-20 clicks for it to change. Not sure why, maybe someone knows the answer to that too.
dribnus
Poco Enthusiast

Postby Alycat » Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:22 am

How do you know when it is changed to "good", is there an indicator, I haven't seen one?
Alycat
Frequent Visitor

Postby dribnus » Mon Nov 29, 2004 10:20 am

If you press 'Ctrl + F4' it will bring up the Junk Mail Filter dialog. There you will see the button for "Apply and Test"
dribnus
Poco Enthusiast

Return to Junk Mail Filtering Help and How-To