[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Bayesian Junk Fitler Trashes Contact'sMail

Bayesian Junk Fitler Trashes Contact'sMail

Discussion on Bayesian and standard junk mail filters

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin, Michael

Bayesian Junk Fitler Trashes Contact'sMail

Postby huntnyc » Thu Aug 05, 2004 1:23 am

Just running the Bayesian filter not the standard and I find that it trashes mail from contacts? Has anyone else run into this problem? It would be nice to have the option of adding all your contacts or a selection of them to the Allowed Senders list to prevent something like this from happening.

Gary
huntnyc

Postby huntnyc » Thu Aug 05, 2004 2:50 am

Evn after I add a contact to the Allowed Senders list, it trashes their email. This has got to be fixed.

Gary
huntnyc

Postby vamp07 » Thu Aug 05, 2004 1:32 pm

If you turn on the standard filters it works. I do agree that there should be an easy way to use just bayesian filtering but allow the address list to be checked. I think there is a way by modyfying the ini file.

huntnyc wrote:Evn after I add a contact to the Allowed Senders list, it trashes their email. This has got to be fixed.

Gary
vamp07
Frequent Visitor

Postby Michael » Thu Aug 05, 2004 2:38 pm

Try the following filter immediately before the junk mail filter:

Search: From for Allowed senders OR
Search: From for Known senders
Perform: Stop processing
Michael

Postby huntnyc » Thu Aug 05, 2004 2:56 pm

Thanks to both of you. The filter sounds reasonable. Will see how it works.

Gary
huntnyc

Postby vamp07 » Fri Aug 06, 2004 6:43 am

The filter will work but it won't give you a chance to train the Bayesian dictionaries on errors. The way I think it should work is that if an email would have been classified as junk but is from somebody in the address book it is automatically learned as good.

Michael wrote:Try the following filter immediately before the junk mail filter:

Search: From for Allowed senders OR
Search: From for Known senders
Perform: Stop processing
vamp07
Frequent Visitor

Return to Junk Mail Filtering Help and How-To