[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Default Junk filter + DNSBL = 100% effective!

Default Junk filter + DNSBL = 100% effective!

Discussion on Bayesian and standard junk mail filters

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin, Michael

Default Junk filter + DNSBL = 100% effective!

Postby m@rio » Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:53 am

I'm extremely sodisfacted by the Pocomail dual-stage Spam filter...

I've activated and trained the Junk mail filter using the default setting and added the DNSBL script.

In two weeks of use I've reached 100% effectiviness, I'm more than happy about this severe spam punishment!

To reduce the checking time, all the message are processed for known address, subscribed forum etc. Only the remaining that don't fit in any filter are checked with DNSBL.

A big thanks to the DNSBL script coder and testers for the nice work!

Cheers,

Mario
Last edited by m@rio on Thu Jun 09, 2005 5:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
m@rio
Poco Tourist

Postby Eric » Thu Jun 09, 2005 1:06 am

Hi Mario,

Good to hear it's working great for you. :)
I'm sure Mat (Hogyt), the author of the DNSBL script, will be very pleased to hear this.

Thanks for letting us know. :wink:
Eric

Postby seabc » Thu Jun 09, 2005 3:12 am

Searching through Extras, I don't see the DNSBL script. :oops: Can you please help me find it? Thanks
seabc
Poco Tourist

Postby Eric » Thu Jun 09, 2005 3:33 am

Have a look here. :wink:
Eric

Postby ferent » Thu Jun 09, 2005 10:36 pm

HEY, DNSBL works!!! congratulations!!! :shock: :D
Alfredo Fernandez
ferent
Resident Poster

Postby jaxgtr » Sun Jun 12, 2005 1:37 pm

Mat, Just a not to say thanks for all your hard work on this. I set this up and have reset my settings. Will see how it works in comparision to my settings. Your script looks very promising from the other post I have read.

Brian 8)
jaxgtr
Poco Enthusiast

Postby Hogyt » Thu Jun 30, 2005 12:17 pm

Aww, thanks for the kind messages and sorry for the late reply. I must admit i'm not currently using the script and am instead trying out the free SpamFu (similar to the discontinued SAProxy) which includes DNSBL tests but i'm glad the script is of use :D Still hoping one day PocoMail will have DNSBL testing built-in ;-)
Mat
Hogyt
Poco Enthusiast

Return to Junk Mail Filtering Help and How-To