[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Banning Domains

Banning Domains

Discussion on Bayesian and standard junk mail filters

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin, Michael

Banning Domains

Postby tribble » Sat Sep 10, 2005 4:49 pm

What is the proper way (besides a script) to ban all domains that end in two letters (e.g., .ru, .jp, .nz etc...)?

I've tried entering (in the junksender.txt file):
*.al
.al
al

etc, all to no avail...
tribble
Poco Enthusiast

Postby SFCurley » Sat Sep 10, 2005 5:58 pm

I do not believe there is a way to do exactly what you want without a filter, but there is a way, I believe, to come close. If you enter into the junksenders file all of the two letter domains (preceded by a period), Poco should block all of those. For example, enter:

.ru
.nz
.jp

Any email with ".ru" or ".nz", etc, would be blocked. One potential problem, though, might be if you had an email of the form "donald.rumsfeld@whitehouse.gov" because the ".ru" would match the file.
SFCurley

Postby tribble » Sat Sep 10, 2005 6:23 pm

Well, Don writes me nearly every day so I don't think that would work for the .ru domain. But, I have tried that approach and they are NOT blocked (.ru. .ca etc).
tribble
Poco Enthusiast

Postby Michael » Sun Sep 11, 2005 2:43 am

I think you need to use a script for this, I know some have been written, I suggest you look in either theregistered users area, the scripts forum or elsewhere in this forum.
Michael

Return to Junk Mail Filtering Help and How-To