[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Junk Mail Score in relation to Junk Mail folder

Junk Mail Score in relation to Junk Mail folder

Discussion on Bayesian and standard junk mail filters

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin, Michael

Junk Mail Score in relation to Junk Mail folder

Postby dribnus » Tue Jan 03, 2006 2:34 pm

First of all, I really have searched hard to find this answer, and it's probably in the forums, but I haven't been able to find the keyword to search that will allow me to find it.
Here's my problem/question.... I'm back to tweaking my Bayasian filters...it's going very well as far as junk mail being recognized as such, however; some of the junk mail is NOT being sent to the Junk Mail folder....when I run a test on the email, PM clearly knows it's Junk mail, but doesn't do anything with it.
Is there something I'm missing to make this work?
PS: it's not all junk mail, only about 30% that doesn't get moved.
dribnus
Poco Enthusiast

Postby Michael » Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:09 pm

View the full headers for junk messages that do not get put in the Junk Mail folder have X-Poco-Score-Detail and X-Poco-Scored headers? If they do not then the junk mail filters have not been run on them. I suspect this is the case (it's possible that another filter has moved the message to a different folder before the junk filters were activated for that message - if this is the case all subsequent filters, including junk mail filters, will not be run on that message.

If the message has these headers then look at the value for the X-Poco-Scored header. If this is not above your junk threshold then the message will not be treated as junk.

A third possibility, are you using multiple accounts with multiple threads? I have seen the case where scripts are not activated when multiple threads are used for multiple accounts. The solution in this case would be to reduce the number of threads to 1. (Tools | Options | Advanced | Network settings - Maximum number of accounts to check at the same time when checking mail).
Michael

Postby dribnus » Wed Jan 04, 2006 12:56 pm

Well I think I have learned something use about using the Junk Mail feature. I wasn't sure what the "sensitivity" bar does, but I have now figured it out...I think.
The level of sensitivity will determine whether found 'junk mail' is moved to the junk folder or not.
When I played around with the sensitivity adjustment, I put 20 emails, some good and some junk, in a test folder. I used the 'test' function until I found the right sensitivity to keep the good, and throw junk mail into the junk folder. Now the complete filtering system works like a charm.
dribnus
Poco Enthusiast

Return to Junk Mail Filtering Help and How-To