[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Why does good email end up in the junkmail?

Why does good email end up in the junkmail?

Discussion on Bayesian and standard junk mail filters

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin, Michael

Why does good email end up in the junkmail?

Postby Nancy » Sat Jan 07, 2006 2:41 pm

Have a why question (s)

1. I have someone that emails me on a regular basis, why does it keep showing up in my junkmail when I have corrected it a bazillion times, doesnt seem to take
2. Why does good email end up in the junkmail, I reclassify the message and they still comes in as junk
3. Can you tell me WHY this is happening and what can I do about it to fix it, I may be missing mail by emptying the junk folder :?:

~ Moved to Junk Mail Filtering + changed subject ... Eric ~
Nancy
Drop-in Visitor

Postby darrellb » Sat Jan 07, 2006 3:24 pm

The junk mail algorithm is beyond my understanding but I can suggest a quick and easy fix to having email from a regular correspondent pass through the j.m. filter.

Right click on a message from the sender in the index pane and find the "Junk Mail Filtering" menu. In that menu is a selection: "Allow Sender" which should take care of the problem.

DarrellB
darrellb
Poco Tourist

why

Postby Nancy » Sat Jan 07, 2006 3:29 pm

I have done that many, many times. I know that menu by heart, even tried doing the check mark too and also, why do some that are not junk show up in the IN and others that should be junk, go into the IN
Nancy
Drop-in Visitor

Postby darrellb » Sat Jan 07, 2006 3:35 pm

Well, until the experts step in with their suggestions, I will ask a question: If you open the Junk Mail Filters control box (or whatever the proper technical name of it is), and go to the "Word Lists" menu and then click on "Allowed Senders" does the text file pop open with the name of the sender listed?

If not, for some reason the info is not being written to the file; it could be set as "read-only."

BTW, you might get better help by posting this question in the "Junk Mai"l topic area rather than "EMail Hall." That's where the real experts hang out :)

DarrellB
darrellb
Poco Tourist

why

Postby Nancy » Sat Jan 07, 2006 3:40 pm

good suggestions, where is the junkmail forum, I was looking for that and didnt see it, also, the text box does pop up
Nancy
Drop-in Visitor

Postby darrellb » Sat Jan 07, 2006 3:49 pm

Nancy:

This link should take you to the Junk Mail forum:
http://pocosystems.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=22

If, for some reason, it doesn't get you there, just click on the Poco Forums Index in the upper left-hand corner of this screen. Scroll the page down a bit and you should see it. It is just after PocoMail PE and before PocoScript Help and How-to. The official title is "Junk Mail Filtering Help and How-to."

DarrellB
darrellb
Poco Tourist

Re: Why??

Postby Eric » Sat Jan 07, 2006 7:52 pm

Hi Nancy,
Nancy wrote:Have a why question (s)

1. I have someone that emails me on a regular basis, why does it keep showing up in my junkmail when I have corrected it a bazillion times, doesnt seem to take
:idea: If you put that person into your Address book does it still end up in Junk?
Eric

Postby Maximus » Sun Jan 08, 2006 2:30 am

Nancy

In order to make sure, your friend's emails will never go to junk do as follows:
- add your friend's email address into your address book
- Add the following rule to your incoming filters (press F4)

Adi

PS: Above rule makes sure that junk mail filters are only run on emails received from unknown senders.
Maximus
Resident Poster

Postby Michael » Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:40 pm

One minor ammendment to Adi's suggestion, place this filter immediately above the "run Junk Mail filters" entry in your incoming filter lists. This way any filters you add in the future will still take effect.
Michael

Return to Junk Mail Filtering Help and How-To