[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Junk Mail

Junk Mail

Discussion on Bayesian and standard junk mail filters

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin, Michael

Junk Mail

Postby GeeWhiz » Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:41 am

I have filters set up to move certain messages from a source to a certain mailbox.

However, the junk mail filter keeps moving those messages to the junk mailbox.

I keep selecting that these emails are "good"

My questions are:

1. After I select "good" should those emails move to where they should have gone in the first place? Eudora used to do that with it's junk mail folder.

2. How long does it take for the junk filter to learn that these emails are okay? It has happened over 15 times. I am wondering if it will ever learn that these emails are alright (or do I have to do something in the junk mail filter itself?)
GeeWhiz
Poco Tourist

Re: Junk Mail

Postby Eric » Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:05 am

GeeWhiz wrote:2. How long does it take for the junk filter to learn that these emails are okay? It has happened over 15 times. I am wondering if it will ever learn that these emails are alright (or do I have to do something in the junk mail filter itself?)
:!: The Junk Mail filter needs at least to learn 1,000 bad & good words in order to jump into action.

This might help too: Why does good email end up in the junkmail?. :)
Eric

Re: Junk Mail

Postby Michael » Wed Jan 25, 2006 5:58 pm

GeeWhiz wrote:I have filters set up to move certain messages from a source to a certain mailbox.

However, the junk mail filter keeps moving those messages to the junk mailbox.

This shouldn't be happening if you have your filters configured properly. Make sure the filter that moves the message from "a source" is positioned before the junk mail filters. Messages that are moved should not be processed by any subsequent filters.
Michael

Return to Junk Mail Filtering Help and How-To