[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Unable to filter Japanese mail

Unable to filter Japanese mail

Discussion on Bayesian and standard junk mail filters

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin, Michael

Unable to filter Japanese mail

Postby cbiweb » Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:09 am

I want all Japanese email to be deleted right away, so I made a filter that targets the Content-Type header like this:

Search Content-Type
for charset="iso-2022-jp"
then delete

But when I run the filter, nothing happens. :?:
The filter is the very first one in the list, so it should be recognized before all others, right? I even tried making it go to the Junk Mail instead of delete, but no go.

Any suggestions?
cbiweb
Poco Tourist

Postby Tomas » Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:41 am

Perhaps try to move that filter to the Pre-Download filters... :?:

And this I don't have time to check but try to remove the quotation marks from "iso-2022-jp" if you have them present in the filter rule.
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby cbiweb » Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:48 pm

I'll try the pre-download. I did remove the quotes at one point but it didn't make a difference.

Either way, I don't see why the filter wouldn't work as is. I shouldn't need to use a workaround for such a simple command. :(
cbiweb
Poco Tourist

Postby Tomas » Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:09 am

I just found some time to investigate properly, I'm sorry for my speedy and not so correct reply yesterday.

Charset is, technically speaking, not part of Content type header, but a standalone one, eventhough they are usually on the same line in the message.

What seemed to work well:
Search Message headers, for iso-2022-jp.
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Return to Junk Mail Filtering Help and How-To